Spotify not downloading to SD card on Android 6.0

Spotify not downloading to SD card on Android 6.0

mgudim
Does anyone know how to make it save to SD card in Marshmallow? Z3 Compact (6.0). I tried granting Spotify storage permission but it still downloads to internal storage.
16 Replies

Re: Spotify not downloading to SD card on Android 6.0

isaac_9889

So far i got nothing on the web on this matter...

The only way that I´ve managed to do it, until now is the next one:

- make a backup of your sd card.
- then on your phone go to "settings" "storage""sd-card"
- then click on options (the three dots on the upper right)
- select coniguration
- select "format the sd card to internal storage" option
- this will merge your storage capacity

The down side of this is that you have to manually put your backup on the phone and if you dont have a fast enough sd card your aplications wont work correctly.

I hope that this will help you.

lgeleta
Music Fan

I have the same issue on LG G4 with Android 6.0. I even got in touch with Spotify's support however they failed to give a working solution.

Finally they started walking in circles suggesting the same non working solutions.

Looks like the compatibility issue between Spotify and Android 6.0

lgeleta
Music Fan
Formatting the card as internal storage is not a solution to the problem as it has some severe drawbacks. One should really make sure he knows what he is doing before formatting a card as internal.

hugoroyer

I agree with Igeleta, formatting the SD card as internal storage is not a solution.

I'd just like to have the option to select the storage folder in (advanced) settings.

In Android 5.0 (and lower), you had to clear the cache and re-download your music. This is not a solution either! Why would you have to go through so much hoops to get this working. The easiest solution would be (as Rdio did in their mobile app) to be able to pick a folder with a file manager or just enter the path e.g. "/storage/sdcard/".

Maybe this could be test in the Beta? I'd love to help fixing this.

Kockainside

Same problem here with the G4, LP was great with Spotify but the MM (marshmallow/6.0) is bad. Maybe you should contact with LG to add ability:"format the SD card to internal storage" or simply bring back the good old SD management. It's really bothering me too :(

loneclone
Regular

I have the same issue on an LG G4.

The several ways to solve the problem here in the community do not work for me. It would be great if Spotify could work on a solution for it.

Android devices with Marshmallow (6.0) will become more and more soon.

lgeleta
Music Fan

Hi,

I have opened a case with Spotify support and finally after two weeks of bouncing e-mail they admitted that there is the issue and developers are aware of it. So it might happen that the fix is prepared.  I strongly encourage you to open the case with them to make them feel the pressure. Posting to the forum does not have any impact.

loneclone
Regular

I also opened a new issue for the problem: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-6-0-Marshmallow-no-SD-Card-download-possible...

Please evereyone - open issues to put pressure to it as @Igeleta already said.

Highlighted

DenisasP
Regular

@Kockainside wrote:

Same problem here with the G4, LP was great with Spotify but the MM (marshmallow/6.0) is bad. Maybe you should contact with LG to add ability:"format the SD card to internal storage" or simply bring back the good old SD management. It's really bothering me too :(

I contacted LG UK support few days ago, how to format my sdcard like internal to have option to move apps to sdcard and to try if its possible to move spotify music, and after few replys:

• Good morning Denisas,
  • I hope you are well, and having a lovely day so far. 
  • Thank you for your email.
  • As much as I would like to assist you with your query, Denisas, I'm afraid what we can do is very limited because we do not manufacture the update – the update comes from Google themselves, as they are in charge of releasing these updates. 
  • I would suggest that you look into contacting Google for further assistance – They may be able to clarify why the update has done this, and what can be done about this. 

From other customers I heard, that formating sdcard like internal, also not fixing spotify - marshmallow problem :\ 

SUGGESTED POSTS