Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on wifi.

Spotify not working on wifi.

My spotify shows me that I'm offline when I'm on my home wifi network, yet when i download playlists, the songs all download without any problems. Tried everything clearing cache, checking permissions, reinstalling, unplugging wifi router, switching wifi on and off in phone etc.

This problem only persists on Spotify. Spotify is not blocked.
7 Replies

Hi same issue here. My app says "no connection", search function doesnt work, there's a delay/error in playing streamed songs. Downloaded music works fine. 

I'm using a pixel 4a with Android 12. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if you're getting the same error if you connect to a different WiFi network or by using mobile data?

@Rstm, seems like you're having additional issues with the app, can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done so far?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried:

• Connecting to different wifi networks
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  • Clearing the app cache
  • Looking at data access settings for the app. The wifi access option doesn't exist in Android 13. 

Screenshot_20220419-123326.png
Screenshot_20220419-123359.png

Hey @Rstm,

Thanks for the post.

You can try the following if you're using an SD card:  Log out Everywhere, Uninstall the app again with the steps that's provided in the clean reinstall article. After that - switch off your phone > take out your SD card > start the devices again without the SD card > reinstall the app. 

Also make sure that Battery Optimization is disabled for Spotify and that the app has all permissions on your phone.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

AlexModerator

Using static IP and DNS instead of DHCP on your phone's WiFi settings should help you resolve this issue. It did for me. Hope it helps.

When connected to home wifi,

Am facing same issue, spotify shows no internet connection whenever i search for a song in application but if directed through a Google search it plays the song but still shows the message no internet connection and wont allow me to search in application but works fine with mobile data or other networks. I have tried all clearing cache, reinstalling the application, wifi settings, app settings everything 

Hey @ShwetaaMalhotra,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting you've already tried. You've covered almost all the starter steps.

Just to be certain, could you head over to this thread to ensure you've done a clean reinstall with all steps followed?

If possible, try Spotify Web player or Spotify Desktop app - connect them to the same Wi-Fi to see If you'll experience the same. In case you do - get in touch with your network administrator/router's manufacturer for more help.

Lastly, have you tried recreating this issue on another device with a different account? 

Keep in mind that it might be because of the specifics of your network or device settings, so try the above mentioned and if the issue still persist, please leave your device's specifications and Spotify version or take a quick video of the experience.

Cheers!

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts