Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify offline, flickering between screens, not loading on Android Samsung Galaxy S5

Spotify offline, flickering between screens, not loading on Android Samsung Galaxy S5

Spotify used to work on my Samsung Galaxy S5 but stopped about a month ago. It loads for a brief second then pops to the "Log In" screen. Without pressing anything, the app flicks between the login screen and the Playlist screen back and forth, however there are no playlists on the playlist screen. It is simply blank grey with the menu icon in the upper left. If I DO manage to get the playlists to load, it says I am offline and not connected to any network (despite trying this also on my WiFi as well as my mobile connection.) or it simply gives me the green loader before switching back to the login screen again. If I let it do this long enough, the entire app closes altogether with NO "Spotify has closed" error message (it continues to "run" in the background.

I thought it might be the phone, but I have recently received a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 and I have the same exact issue on this device as well. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, wiped cache, and I do not have an SD card installed on my device. I am running Android version 5.0.

I also switched my network to a IPv4 Protocol and that also did not work!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I used to be a Spotify premium user but cancelled it since I can't get the app to load!

Screenshot_2015-05-01-16-25-13.png
Screenshot_2015-05-01-16-25-54.png
Screenshot_2015-05-01-16-38-43.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts