Free

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown 

Operating System

Android 9 "Pie"

My Question or Issue

I cannot get Spotify on Android to work at all this week...

When I start up the app, Spotify will sometimes lock up almost immediately, forcing me to restart the app before I am even able to even use it. If the app doesn't lock up, it will sometimes not even load claiming that I have no internet connection (despite the fact I am connected to my wi-fi or mobile data), meaning I have to restart the app (this may also take multiple tries to get the app working, since restarting does not always work).

The app has also been locking up for me the moment I start playing a song, meaning that I have to restart the app again. Sometimes the app automatically pauses a song around ten seconds in for next to no reason whatsoever. This means I must pick a new song/playlist or restart the app again.

The new library screen sometimes doesn't show anything at all until I exit the library and then go back to it. This usually occurs when trying to select an option to make, say, only playlists appear on screen.

When the option appears to listen to an ad for 30 minutes of free music listening, sometimes the ad won't load, therefore not triggering the free listening, and other times it will trigger even more ads and still not trigger the free listening (sometimes I listen to almost 3-4 minutes worth of ads, listen to five minutes worth of songs, and then immediately get even more ads).

The app also runs slower than usual, with it failing to load album, song, and playlist covers, as well as taking longer to load a page.

I have tried logging out and back in, reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, moving the Spotify app storage to internal storage instead of the SD card storage, but nothing has worked.

For me, it is only the mobile version that refuses to work. Every other version of Spotify works fine.

What can I do to fix the app and get it working again?

1 Reply

Hey there @AC_War

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with the app on your phone. Would you mind sending over a video where we can take a better look at what's happening? 

You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This will help us investigate further. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts