Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium not activating on mobile

Solved!

Spotify premium not activating on mobile

I got a Spotify Premium gift card recently and activated it on my computer. I then downloaded the Spotify app on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy Expres) and logged in with the same account. Now that the free 48 hour trial period passed, I'm told that I need to get a premium account to listen to the music I downloaded on the phone for offline listening. Why does the mobile app not recognize that my account already is a premium account, and how can I change that? Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@fredemar wrote:

Are you saying that I would need log onto the Spotify app with the Facebook account I'm using on my computer? That would mean that I always need to be logged out of the Facebook account I use my mobile phone, and I wouldn't want that. 

Try logging in onto the Spotify app with the Facebook account you are using on your computer and see if you can use the app now.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello, fredemar! Log out of Spotify on your mobile device then fully restart the device and log back into Spotify again! Does it work for you?

Nope, unfortunately that didn't work. When I click on a song, it says that I need to upgrade to Spotify Premium to stream on my mobile phone. 

Have you tried signing in using your username and password and your Facebook details on the device (it is possible that you have two seperate accounts). Let me know if this works for you!

I'm logged onto different Facebook accounts on my mobile phone and my computer. Are you saying that I would need log onto the Spotify app with the Facebook account I'm using on my computer? That would mean that I always need to be logged out of the Facebook account I use my mobile phone, and I wouldn't want that. 

Marked as solution

@fredemar wrote:

Are you saying that I would need log onto the Spotify app with the Facebook account I'm using on my computer? That would mean that I always need to be logged out of the Facebook account I use my mobile phone, and I wouldn't want that. 

Try logging in onto the Spotify app with the Facebook account you are using on your computer and see if you can use the app now.

OK, that worked. But now the situation is like this: 

The Spotify account on the computer (the one that has been upgraded to premium) uses my GF's Facebook login. If I want to use Spotify Premium on my phone, I first have to log onto my GF's Facebook account on my phone's FB app, and then I can log onto my Spotify app using the FB login. This gives me access to premium on my phone, but it requires me to be logged onto my GF's FB account! 

Is there a way to work around this?

I'll try it when I get back home. Thanks a lot for the quick replies and the great help!!

Always happy to help! Let me know if you disconnected your girlfriend's Facebook account seccessfully when you get back home.

Suggested posts