Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify "Favorite Songs" Not Syncing Between Devices

Solved!

Spotify "Favorite Songs" Not Syncing Between Devices

None of the below information is required. However, the more you providrfge the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

PC Laptop, Android Phones

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Most of my songs I have liked on both my laptop and phone were able to sync and be available on both devices. One of the albums I had liked had shown up in "Favorite Songs" in both devices until one day they disappeared from my "Favorite Songs" only on my phone. These songs still remained in "Favorite Songs" on my laptop but were not showing up or playing from the playlist on my phone. I was confused since other songs from the same artist were able to be liked and synced between both devices. I went to that same album on my phone to check if it was accidentally unliked. It showed as "liked" but still wasnt in "Favorite Songs" on my phone. I tried unliking the album and liking it again to see if it would show up in "Favorite Songs" on my phone, restarting my phone, uninstalling then reinstalling spotify, logging in and out, and clearing data for spotify on my phone settings. Nothing fixed the problem. It has been like this for weeks. I had unliked then liked this particular album accidentally from my laptop, this problem started after that. The album had shown up on my laptop but not on my phones "Favorite songs". This is an issue with a few other songs as well. Please reach out if you have another solution!! Thank you:)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ab_f8zbjo-brz, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help out though.

Logging out and back in should have helped. Just to be sure, when you reinstalled, did you follow the steps listed here?

Also, does the issue persist if you log into a different device than the ones you usually log into?

Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Update: I fixed the problem! Earlier logging in and out hadn't worked, but for some reason it did today with unliking the album, logging out, and individually liking each song from that album. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ab_f8zbjo-brz, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help out though.

Logging out and back in should have helped. Just to be sure, when you reinstalled, did you follow the steps listed here?

Also, does the issue persist if you log into a different device than the ones you usually log into?

Let us know how it goes.

Yes, when I reinstalled I followed the steps below. The problem still occurs but it does on my spotify account on both phone devices. The problem doesn't happen on the laptop.

Marked as solution

Update: I fixed the problem! Earlier logging in and out hadn't worked, but for some reason it did today with unliking the album, logging out, and individually liking each song from that album. Thanks for the help!

Had the same problem and this fixed it for me: log out of both devices, log back in, unfavourite one song in your playlist then favourite it again and this seems to trigger a sync. Seems like spotify runs an algorithm to update playlists on all devices when there is a change but this only works after you log out and log back in on both devices.

I tried everything and it's still not woking!!! 

Hey there @31md26vwsk373hjnwvmp,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Also, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts