Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

As of late, my Spotify premium account stops allowing me to use the search function. I have reinstalled the application several times in order for the function to work again, only for it to malfunction 24-36 hours later. This is a tremendous annoyance to me as it is one of the main selling feature of this application. What is wrong and how can I go about getting a permanent solution?

7 Replies

Hey @moonlitsea, welcome to the community.

Hope your doing great!

Sorry to hear the Spotify search function isn’t working on your device, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help. 

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Also, check your network connection, and change it if those steps above didn’t work. 

Let me know how things come along!

/B🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello there,

Dear @billyj

I have the same problem as reported above and indeed, it is very annoying. In addition, it is persisting for a couple of weeks now.

I would be very grateful if you could please come up with a real and creative solution, because I have already tried everything that you suggest in the post below. I.e. I have switched on and off the device (several times), I have even removed the SIM and placed it back. Afterwards, I have deleted the app from my device and reinstalled it brand new. None of the above works.

I am using Android 7.0 and I am happy to let you know the Spotify version as well if you could please guide me where I can find it.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Zsofia

@Zsoficsek -

Sorry if those didn’t do the trick. Were you able to try all troubleshooting steps here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082? 

Let me know how this goes!

/B🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

@billyj

OK, thanks for the tips, I have done the first 6 steps. At present it works, although this does not necessarily mean problem is solved, because after freshly downloading the app it always worked for a couple of days. I hope this time the problem will not be recurring.

Zsófia

@Zsoficsek -

Thanks for the reply! 

So glad that made a difference. If anything happens again, you can always reply here, and I’ll be happy to help.

Have a great day 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

I'm having the same problem. Restarting my phone did not fix it. It's an intermittent problem for me. 

Hey there @zobdos,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you try to perform a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article, as @Billy-J advised. You can also check the other Android troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

If the issue persists you can add your +Vote to this ongoing issue thread and leave the requested info. By doing this you'll be notified as soon as there are any updates on the matter. Your info will help our team greatly 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts