ALL

Country

ALL

Device

ALL

Operating System

ALL

My Question or Issue

A lot of my friends have been kicked out of their family plan lately and we have some 13 year old kid running around in school bragging he can sell Spotify for 1$.
I also had problems with my account, i was locked out, music was being played which i never started and messed up my playlists etc.
I did some research and found a website blatantly selling hacked accounts and "spotify upgrades"
The forum is cracked.to, they offer hundreds of selly.gg and shoppy.gg links to hacked accounts and even host an upgrade service themselves
https://cracked.to/Thread-Admin-SPOTIFY-CRACKED-TO-Upgrade-spotify-account-to-premium-for-lifetime-A...
https://spotify.cracked.to/
Just search for "Spotify" and you will find 25 pages with each about 1000 hacked accounts, for free.
Or go to the seller section to see the first page filled with spotify references.
You can also buy software to crack Spotify, upgrades, every single way spotify can be exploited is being exploited.  Not only do they get the spotify login, but also other data like DoB, paypal info, and anything other which is stored on Spotify.

I doubt Spotify is not aware of these issues since 13 year old kids are making bank on this just shows how easy it is and what size the exploit has become.  It feels to me Spotify doesn't even care, cause it's not happening at apple music, deezer, tidal or Napster.  NO, it's limited to Spotify only!
I have recently opened an Apple music account and i don't see these issues here, so, if nothing changes i think i will not continue using Spotify.  And for the sake of your bank, CC or Paypal information, i would suggest anyone reading this to do the same.  Just head over to cracked.to to see how bad Spotify security has become.

4 Replies

to all people having problems with their family plan, here's how it works:

1. People buy a software pack to crack spotify, which gives info on free family slots
2. then they host an "upgrade service" either on a website, or chat app like discord
3. buyer wants Spotify premium for 1$, gives his email to criminal
4. criminal has a script (upgrade service), inviting them to the family plan
* when they run out of free slots they will simply delete original family members to keep selling.

Noticing anything strange on your account?  this is what's happening.

Seems to be getting to a rather big issue. What country are you having this issue in?

I've noticed that the link you provide to give access to the family plan is static with no option to change. I just kicked 2 unknown folks off my family plan, but I'm sure they'll be back. Spotify can't seem to provide even the most basic security:

• No 2 factor auth, they say they're considering this?
  • Static links for family plan that can't be changed
  • No notifications if someone adds to the family plan
  • They once sent me an email with an embedded URL instructing me to validate my zip code instead of instructing me to log into my account to do so

I think it's time to move to a different service with basic security tools in place.

This would explain the repeated account hacks I've been experiencing. Cancelling my paid account as a result.

Suggested posts