Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify seems slow lately.

Spotify seems slow lately.

I have a samsung galaxy s4 and lately spotify has seemed slow loading up artist pages. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

3 Replies

It may be caused by slow Internet connection or slow side may be also at Spotify end. Is this better now?

I have the exact same problem. For the last 6 months Spotify has been acting up on my Samsung S4 and the previous S2.

Songs having to stop to load despite the fact that they're offline on my phone and so on. Whilst offline with 4G or at home with my 200 Mbit connection is horribly slow.

And to think Im paying for this piece of **bleep**. It was better way back. What the hell have you done ? New skins looks great but what else has changed?

@LagusKD wrote:

I have the exact same problem. For the last 6 months Spotify has been acting up on my Samsung S4 and the previous S2.

Songs having to stop to load despite the fact that they're offline on my phone and so on. Whilst offline with 4G or at home with my 200 Mbit connection is horribly slow.

And to think Im paying for this piece of **bleep**. It was better way back. What the hell have you done ? New skins looks great but what else has changed?

Can you try uninstaling Spotify and using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older versin of Spotify):

\Android\data\com.spotify.music
\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

Once done, go to the play store and install the app again. Let me know how you get on,

Note: Official guides for a clean reinstallation here

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts