Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts by itself

Solved!

Spotify starts by itself

Hi

My spotify starts by itself, playing a random playlist I've never listened to and music I hate. Even when I start listening to my own play lists, half way through the first song it changes to that other random playlist on it's own.

I have done what others suggest, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing settings, changing password, all to no avail.

Attached is the terrible playlist it keeps playing.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 9.1

Screenshot_20190223-115019_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sub779,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

It sounds like someone might have gained access to your account. I would recommend checking out the  "Someone has taken over my account" support article for some more help with this.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Sub779,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

It sounds like someone might have gained access to your account. I would recommend checking out the  "Someone has taken over my account" support article for some more help with this.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Thanks Noah, I clicked your link and did everything it said except contacting spotify and it seems to have worked. I then noticed I had a heap of new play list saved that were not mine so I think you were right and someone had gained access to my account. Cheers

Hey @Sub779,

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out! If you need a hand with anything else, just give me a shout 🙂

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:2PXdUld4Ueio2pHcB6sM8j:small

NoahSpotify Star

I have the same problem and I really don't think this is what it is. For at least three weeks the spotify on my phone has been playing the same song on the Chrome Web Player 5-6 times a night. I have begun changing it to the same song of my choice and letting it play and it doesn't stop or change. However as soon as I close spotify it comes back with the same song. Tired of it now and tired of reading the same solution, which it clearly isn't. This is a spotify glitch and if I don't get a proper solution soon I'm simply moving to a different provider. This shouldn't be happening and trying to find out why, for a service I'm paying for, is like getting blood from a stone.

Suggested posts