Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops after Lockscreen

Spotify stops after Lockscreen

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawai VTR-L09

Operating System

EMUI 9.1.0.275 (Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Since the last update on 09.02.2021 Spotfiy stops 10 sec after the Lockscreen is actived. Before there were no issues. Huawai had no Update in this time.

What I already tried:

- cache deleting

- new installation

- setting battery control to manuel

- setting battery optimize not allowed

nothing worked it still stops 10 sec after Lockscreen. The app ist totaly stopped and needs to be restarted after unlocking the phone. 

19 Replies

Hey there @Amenophis86

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

Would you mind letting us know the exact Spotify version you're currently running? 

If possible, we'd recommend logging into your account using a different device to see if the issue persists. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Novy

I tried a different user on the same phone and the error stays.
I tried my user on a different phone (Huawai LYA-L29 EMUI 10.1.0 Andorid 10), there is no error.

Hi @Amenophis86

Thanks for getting back to us and for this info. 

In this case, we'd recommend making sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled and that it is allowed to run in the background.

Also, remember to let us know your Spotify version so we can take a better look at this.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Hello @Novy

sorry I forgot the Version number is 8.6.0.830

All permissions are enabled and it is allowed to run in background. Like I said it worked till the update on 8.6.0.830 fine. Nothing was changed except the update.

Here is a picture of the settings. 

Greetings

spotify.png

Hi again @Amenophis86

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app, but we'd like to suggest another clean reinstall in order to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If you're still having issues, could you try restarting your device to see if you notice anything new?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator

Hello @Novy
I did again a clean reinstall like you postet. Did not work. After this I did disable battery optimizing and set starting to manuell like everything before. Still it does not work.

I also restarted the device but there was nothing to notice. What should I notice? And it still does not work.

Anymore ideas? 

Thanks for your help

Hey @Amenophis86

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

It seems this issue might most probably be related to your device setup since you don't observe it after logging in to your Spotify account on another mobile device. 

In this case we recommend making sure that the device is up to speed with any software updates available. Another thing you can try is reaching out to the device manufacturer for more assistance. You can do that here

We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Hello Ivan,

my device is up to date with any update possible. It might be caused by the device but the error started with the last spotify update, which I know for sure. Before this update everything worked fine.

I will contact huawai but also I ask you to check with your development what has been changed in the last update which could have caused this error. 

Thank you

Hey @Amenophis86

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Jumping in here to confirm that we've forwarded all the info you provided us with to the development team. 

We'll be keeping you updated here in this thread so make sure you click Subscribe in the three-dot menu next to the thread title so you don't miss a thing.

Cheers! 

Hey @Amenophis86

Hope you're doing great today. 

There's just one more thing we'd like you to try out. Let us know if you see a difference after trying the suggestions listed here.  

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Hi! If it helps, I'm here searching a solution to the same problem. I have the same version (8.6.0.830) and started having issues after the last update. I am on a Samsung Galaxy S8+. My phone states that my updates are current (I can get you the version number if it will help).

Once the lockscreen comes up the music starts. It will, after a few moments up to a minute, start back and play for another moment until it goes off again. I noticed that I also got a pop up screen saying to change my settings to let Spotify play in the background, but I have that setting applied and I am still having continual issues (and have gotten the popup a couple of more times, I think).

My husband says his app is working fine (I haven't checked his version) and I also use YouTube Music on my phone and it works fine as well. Also, it happens whether I am listening to downloaded music or streaming. I will try to reinstall (I don't have time right this moment) - but I thought I'd let you know that this isn't a completely isolated issue.

Hello Ivan,

thanks again for the help but it did not work. I did everythin written in the article but it did not work. The only thing I could not do was:

adb shell pm stopservice hwPfwService

the phone said "unknown command stopservice". But I was able to uninstall Power Genie which still did not solve the problem. Since southngent  seem to have the same problem since the last update and everything worked fine before and nothing else was changed on the phone I think it is still something your developer did change in the last update.

Greetings

Hey @southngent and @Amenophis86

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

@Amenophis86 We've made sure to pass on the additional details you provided to the team currently investigating the issue. Stay tuned for more updates here in the thread. 

@southngent Thanks for providing us with the exact Spotify version and your device model. Could you also send us the following details so that we can forward them to the right folks at Spotify:

• Exact version of your device OS.
  • Screenshot of the error message that pops up. 
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.
  • Have you tried the steps listed here and what was the outcome? 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

Good Morning,

it seems to work now. Waht did I do? Sometimes I used to listen to spotify connected to a bluetooth box (jbl Flip 2). Yesterday I thought I just try to connect to the box and see if it also stopps playing but it worked. The mobilephone changed in to lockscreen and spotify did not stop. I keept playing for over a minute. So I thought lets try without the box. I turned bluetooth off and tryed again, it still worked and spotify did not stop by itself. 

So somehow the bluetooth connecting solved the problem. Since then I was able to listen with or without bluetooth and the lockscreen did not stop spotify. 

Maybe this helps others having the same problem. Thanks to the spotify team for keeping trying to help me. 

Hey @Amenophis86

Great news!

We're happy to hear that connecting to a Bluetooth device solved the issue for you. Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

@southngent Could you try the steps mentioned by @Amenophis86 if you have a Bluetooth device at your disposal? Let us know about the outcome once you've tried this. 

Cheers! 

Hey, Ivan, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I had uninstalled the app, re-installed and re-downloaded my playlists. For a while that seemed to work but this morning I got the message again and playback kept pausing intermittently. So I'm including some screen shots that hopefully will help. As far as other Bluetooth - I've already tried that. Two vehicles, a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth headphones all had same issue. So... Yeah. I don't think that is it.

Hopefully these screenshots will give you the info you need. One is the message that popped up when I pulled up spotify this morning. When I go to settings, it is the basic settings which didn't seem to have anything about prednisone to run in background unless I'm missing something. When I go to spotify's settings in app it looks like background permissions are already enabled. Also, hopefully this is the android version info you need. Let me know if you need anything else. 

Screenshot_20210212-094835_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210224-101709_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20210224-101801_Spotify.jpg

Oops it only allowed three attachments per post so here is the version info. 

Screenshot_20210224-102655_Settings.jpg

Hey @southngent

Thanks for getting back with the requested details. 

Our team confirmed they're already investigating this in search for a solution. We'll make sure to post any updates here in this thread so stay tuned for further info. 

In the meantime, we had a look at the screenshots you sent us and we noticed your Permissions setting is set to No permissions allowed. Try accessing this setting and make sure you allow all permissions for the Spotify app. Such features might sometimes prevent the app from operating at full capacity and that's why we recommend keeping all Permissions enabled for Spotify. Give it a try once you activate them and let us know if it works as expected. 

Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts