Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing / SD Card storage problem

Spotify stops playing / SD Card storage problem

Hi guys, since a month ago I am user of an LG G3. Here goes the 2 problems that I am having:

• Spotify closes: The APP just crashes without any reason, keeps on playing the music, but disappears from the screen. I need to open it again, and brings me to the screen inmediatly before to the one I had open. Let's say I was having the album cover with the controls on, I swipe back to the playlist, crashes, need to open it again and brings me to the album cover... Reinstalled from cero, deleteing all data. Yet, not fixed.
  • Storage on SD card: Guys, that has been a LONG treated topic, and has been the highlight of the troubles of the Android Premium users... I've tried as you said on previous topics... but it's not working. BTW, how the hell shall I place loads of stuff in my internal phone memory, that's none of my interest. That's why I've purchased an SD card, so I can storage the music, videos, whatever without making the phone wotk terribly slow. It's stupid what you asking people to do!

Any solutions that are actually REALLY WORKING?

Thx!

6 Replies

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application. Once you do that, you should be able to choose the install location for the app and data. 

Give that a shot and let us know if it works. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Android it's not allowing me to move anything to the SD card. Also, I can't find any option on the Spotify configuration... Honestly, or I am way too blonde, or I can make it work...

Help!

Still same problem...

Ok. Here's my steps to get it to work so the app is on internal memory but the cache on external.

Firstly make sure that the SD card had more free space than internal memory. Now uninstall Spotify and check no folders are remaining (clean install - see guide linked in my signature).

Reinstall Spotify as normal and login, now before doing anything go to settings and change the download quality to 'extreme'.

Now mark some playlists or albums as 'available offline'. Hopefully they should be caching to the SD card.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This option it's not working with me, even tho I've tried...

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts