Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing

Spotify stops playing

I'm having trouble with the android player stopping playing songs. It plays for between 10 to 30 minutes and then stops and forgets what song I was on! This affects downloaded and streaming music. I have a galaxy S4 and have tried doing a clean install but no joy. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Combined with the equaliser and lock screen control issues I'm seriously unimpressed with the android version of spotify so far!
2 Replies

Hi @andos and welcome to the community!

First, the lock screen controls and equalizer issues are generally down to the device/ROM - they do work fine for me. They work on some devices and not others, not really anything Spotify can do.

Also, have you tried force closing the app? I have a similar issue where playback just stops, and the app just breaks. A force close normally fixes it (although in severe cases full data wipe has been required).

Liam

Thanks for the idea on the force closjng. Reinstalling only fixed the issue for about a day so maybe the force close issue will help too. I remember the iOS app was terrible to start with but did improve over time so hopefully the android one will too.

The equaliser and lock controls do work for me but only intermittently and tend to come and go. I would expect spotify to at least test on the most popular devices! I'll test for them for free if they want!

Suggested posts