Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

HUAWEI P10 lite

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

After update for newest Spotify version (8.5.47.1006) the Spotify suddenly stops playing after approximately 10 minutes. This is really annoying!!
I've already tried re-install (clean instalation), check the power/battery settings and all recommended steps, but it's the still same. When I play the playlist it takes usually +- 10 minutes and then it stops.
I haven't had any similar issues with previous Spotify versions/builds.
Could you please solve it?
Thanks

5 Replies

Hi Spotify team,

firstly I've been premium user for 6 years so I'm quite surprised nobody from Spotify replied to this issue...
Yesterday I've installed newest version 8.5.48.1049 and it's still the same.
One observation I did is the music stops after exactly 10 minutes. When you start it again, it's again stops after 10 minutes and you can continue forever like this...
I found there were similar issues in the past and you fixed it so please try to fix now again as it's really, really annoying!

thanks in advance

Borovec

Hi, Borovec.

First of all, I'm not a Spotify employee.

• Does your issue happen on other devices?
  • How much storage space does your phone still have?
  • Have you already tried updating your phone's operating system?
  • Are you using an SD card?

Dear Roadie,

thanks for your response!

To your questions:

• no, only on my phone. The other devices seems to be ok. It haven't happened on my phone and no other system updates haven't been installed on the phone.
  • this is not an issue, I still have up to 8GB free space
  • Yes, I have the latest one, but all previous Spotify versions were running on the same operation system without issues
  • no I don't have SD card as I have two SIM cards in my phone.

Thanks

Borovec

Hi Spotify,

the issues is still here, current version is 8.5.57.1164 and still it stops playing after 10 minutes. I'm really annoyed...
I've been using Spotify for a long time (Premium account) so I'm quite surprise you are not able to give at least some feedback and I really thinking to cancel my subscription and go to somewhere else.. (Tidal, Deezer, etc.).

Thanks

Petr

I have the same problem, with the same phone. Have version 8.5.60.1013 and have hadd the problem for at least as long as OP here. 

I'm posting to keep this post alive and hoping for someone to come and help with this problem.

Suggested posts