Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't install

Solved!

Spotify won't install

Hi.

I have tried to install spotify to my Samsung xcover2 from play and manually. Ether way it wont install, saying not enough space. Phones internal storage is 532 mb / 1,18 Gt so it has plenty of room avaible. Clearing cache and ram and re-booting wont help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Today I finaly managed to install spotify. I deleted nearly everything from my phone sd, did hard reset and manually installed spotify.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Actually you might be out of memory. The phone will retain a certain percentage of free space for caching and other requirements not allowing you to go over a certain amount.

I suggest you uninstall some apps, move some to SD Card, delete/backup some pictures and anything else you can clear off the phone memory.I'm sure there are more ideas if you search the internet.

Also turn off Fastboot mode (if it's an option in power settings) and reboot the phone. Now try and install it and see if it'll install.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I dont have any pictures/videos etc. on my phone or SD. I was able to install some other apps (like 10 more) after trying to install spotify. This phone cannot move apps to sd. 

they're probably smaller apps and also demand less cache storage than Spotify does.

Honestly, search Google and you'll see a lot of responses to low memory for your phone; One possible solution is using Link2sd, a guide on how to do this is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2142844

you could try cache cleaning apps on the play store such as Clean Master to try and free up some more space. But unfortunately your model doesn't have a great deal of internal memory, so you will have to be careful with how many apps you have installed.

Android Troubleshooting:

I am using link2sd to free space. I ran Clean Master, uninstalled all my other apps and tryied to install spotify but it says not enough space. Funny thing, i have had spotify installed before, when my internal storage was 80% full, but had to uninstall because it didnt made offline lists to sd card, as it sopused to. Picture from link2sd storage info:

I am so frustated because of this. Spotify is one of the resons I even have "smartphone".

Hmm.

Can you check if you have any Spotify folders remaining in:

/Android/data/com.spotify.music or

/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.ui

If you have, delete them.

remember to check both internal and SD storage. Now try and install the app, you can also try clearing data from both Google Play Store & Google Play Framework 

Android Troubleshooting:

Didn't have on phone or sd these:

/Android/data/com.spotify.music or

/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.ui

Cleared data from Google Play Store & Google Play Framework. Spotify still says not enough space. 

Are you running a custom ROM? What Android Version are you currently running and can you try installing the apk directly from the link below:

Android Direct from Spotify Server

Android Troubleshooting:

Android version 4.1.2, rooted but  no custom rom. I tryied install from your link, not working (not enough space).

Can you try clearing the Dalvik Cache and then give it another go?

Android Troubleshooting:

Im not sure how to clean Dalvikc cache, but i used wipe cache in reboot mode. That didnt work. Mayby i should unroot my phone, install spotify and then root it again...

Hi, that's the one.

Still not working, I think unroot and re-installation/return to stock is the best option I'm afraid. Sometimes running custom ROMS or hacks can play with application save locations, cache etc 

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

Today I finaly managed to install spotify. I deleted nearly everything from my phone sd, did hard reset and manually installed spotify.

I'm glad you finally got it installed, just a shame it took so much to get there. That's one of the problems running Custom roms... although it won't stop  me from doing it 😉

I suggest you mark your post as solved so that it's clear the OP is sorted.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts