Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotimote user credentials

Solved!

Spotimote user credentials

Hi
Downloaded Spotimote thé other day. When I started the app it asks me for my Spotify user credentials. Why would the app need that? I dont feel comfortable giving that to a third party applikation which Spotify has not even mentioned on the list of available remotes. Could someone explaine it to me? Have tried unified remote and that one does not need any password or username. Am i just paranoid?

/Johan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I'm the Spotimote author. Your Spotify credentials are only required to access your Spotify playlists and retrieve album arts of the playing tracks. If don't feel comfortable setting them in Spotimote, you don't have to. Just set the username so you can access your starred tracks, play queue...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there,

Not sure why it would require your login details - especially as to use it you need to install something on your PC too.

But as the app page on the Play store states: "This product uses a SPOTIFY API but is not endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by Spotify." You'd therefore need to contact the developer of the app to ask them how your details are used
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

Hi,

I'm the Spotimote author. Your Spotify credentials are only required to access your Spotify playlists and retrieve album arts of the playing tracks. If don't feel comfortable setting them in Spotimote, you don't have to. Just set the username so you can access your starred tracks, play queue...

Thanks for the reply. I Think Im gonna try it out then. As far as i know its the best Spotify remote available today.

The Spotify page does not allow you to create a device username as you specified in your app.

The option is only available if you connect to spotify with a Facebook account.

If you connect with Spotify credentials, then you can use your Spotify credentials directly in Spotimote.

https://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Hey,

I am a Spotify Premium user. I just downloaded Spotimote and it works just fine. I am not to play local files that are part of my playlists though. Is there any way around this?

Unfortunately, Spotimote doesn't handle local files. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Suggested posts