Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting Spotify with Android phone locked

Starting Spotify with Android phone locked

I have a Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus unlocked version. My carrier is T-Mobile. I would like to know if there's a way to launch Spotify when my phone is locked? I use Bluetooth earbuds most of the day and it would be very convenient to be able to say OK Google open Spotify but generally it just tells me you have to unlock your phone for that which is really stupid actually it pretty much says that for anything Spotify related. So if it is at all possible to fix this or if there's work around I would be grateful thank you.

P

I have unlimited everything with T-Mobile I'm running Android 10 on my phone every app on my phone is currently up to date and so is the operating system

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. I'm in the United States

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hey @Ppeter78,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and welcome.

If you'd like to suggest the option to launch Spotify through the Google Assistant on your Android phone or tablet while the screen is still locked and if you'd like to present your suggestions as an Idea for Spotify, make sure to follow these steps: 

1. Go to the Spotify Community

2. Click on Menu

3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions

4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you also wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So no work around for the moment?

Suggested posts