Steering wheel controls not working anymore (MBUX)

Steering wheel controls not working anymore (MBUX)

Pr1Me404
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 6 (A6003)

Operating System

Android 9 / OxygenOS 9.0.5

My Question or Issue

My phone is connected via bluetooth with my A-Class Mercedes (Model 2019). From November 18 to April 19 I had no problems and was able to control my Spotify app via the steering wheel and display controls (switching songs etc.). Since about April 19 I can not control the app anymore like before. When I press 10 times on "next song" on my steering wheel it changes the song maybe 1 time... And I'm only facing this problem with the Spotify app. Everything works fine with other music apps like Pi Music Player.

Any suggestions?

15 Replies

Re: Steering wheel controls not working anymore (MBUX)

soey77
Casual Listener

I also have this problem. There's a specific problem with Spotify. I have a OnePlus 6T and I have the same problem.

GillianM
Casual Listener

I have the same problem with the same car and the same phone and Spotify only! Did you reach out to Spotify yet? Do you still have this problem? 

I'm thinking about cancelling my premium account because it is driving me crazy!! 

soey77
Casual Listener

Hello I still have the problem. I have tried with a technician from Spotify but it still do not work.  I'm also thinking to cancel my premium account: it drives me crazy!!!! Spotify do not seem really "affected" by our case! The techician was great but I still have no solutions (i have tried everything: changing phone (Samsung, Oneplus, Huawei,...), changing OS (Iphone)--> no solutions

Pr1Me404
Casual Listener

I had a long discussion with the support of Spority and we tried out a lot of different things. But nothing fixed this issue. They told me that a tech team had a look at this and it will be fixed with an upcoming update of the app.

Therefore we have to wait...

GillianM
Casual Listener

I fixed it!! Download the "android auto" app if it's not in the app store just download it from the internet. I couldn't get the android auto on my car screen but nevertheless having and using the app just on my phone fixed it! I can pause and play rn skip tracks whenever i want 😁😁

Pr1Me404
Casual Listener

Thanks alot. It's a good workaround. But it does not fix the problem itself. I'm still waiting for a bugfix.....

bedasek
Casual Listener

I just got A-Class today and can confirm this problem. It's really sad it experiences such issues. Tho this could be caused by some Android 9+ security stuff. Despite the other apps work just fine...

user-removed
Not applicable

I also have this problem, anyone found a solution?

Please Spotify solve this problem ASAP.

soey77
Casual Listener

No solutions for the moment and Spotify doesn't feel concerned by this problem. We are just few people in this case and they don't care even if we stop our accounts.

SUGGESTED POSTS