Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop showing podcast at the top of my Home page.

Stop showing podcast at the top of my Home page.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Unwanted podcast at top of my homepage. 

129 Replies

I am on the most recent version of Spotify on my Galaxy s10e. When I opened Spotify this morning I saw yet another redesign to the UI. I also saw a whole bunch of new recommendations for podcasts I'm not interested in. At all. I've listened to one podcast while I had Spotify and now my home screen is cluttered with recommendations I can't remove. Is this what premium gets you? A bunch**bleep** recommendations pushed down your throat? How do I remove? I tried to attach multiple pictures, but on mobile it's only showing one attached.

Screenshot_20190821-064136_Spotify.jpg

Hey,

Thanks for getting in touch. We're happy to help.

Could you let us know what exactly is going on? A screenshot would be helpful 🙂 

Have a nice day!

Came here to complain about exactly this. It seems about every 3-4 days a new "suggested podcast" shows up on top of my homepage. I don't want these suggestions, and I pay for spotify premium exclusively to AVOID advertisements, not to have spotify advertise content to me.

I als notice that "Your Daily Podcasts" is now permanently in my home page on desktop underneath the "Made for you" section, there is no way to turn it off and it can't be deleted or reported. I don't listen to podcasts on Spotify, please remove this!

Capture.PNG

Hello Daisy, premium user here. I pay for Spotify every month so that I don't see or hear ads. In exchange, I expect a completely ad-free Spotify experience. Lately, my homepage has been showing "suggested podcasts" above my recently played and suggested music.

Much like the original poster, I do NOT want to see this. I don't come to Spotify to listen to podcasts, I come for music and I honestly could not care less what kinds of podcasts Spotify has. I understand you might be trying to invite users to check out new podcasts on Spotify, but this behavior is intrusive and unwanted, especially since it's:

1 - distracting and ugly, 

2 - taking up unnecessary room on my Spotify home page

3 - it's not removable

4 - it is essentially advertising, which I'm already paying you money to not see.

Please pass this along to your developers and let them know that paying users don't want to see ads, regardless what their managers tell them.

Exactly! Thank you for posting the screenshot. I could go listen to podcast for free in a large number of places if I cared for them at all, which obviously I do not. I have my premium membership to listen to music that I enjoy and vibe to, not to hear people talk and ramble on. 

Likewise. It's been maddening for months now. Sometimes it goes away and my homepage neatly shows recently played at the top as expected. The next morning, CHECK OUT THIS PODCAST. I've been shopping around other services because of this constant intrusion. I've attached a screenshot from my S8

Screenshot_20191119-091909_Spotify.jpg

I don't like podcasts. I don't want to listen to podcasts. STOP SUGGESTING PODCASTS TO ME! Please give me a setting to only search/be suggested music or some way to disable podcasts!! I don't think you understand how irrationally angry**bleep** makes me to see every effin time I open the app!! **bleep** podcasts! I don't want them!

This whole podcast thing is getting out of control!

Podcasts are now shown on every other line in the mobile app.

I don't listen to podcast, yet I have them cluttering up my screen when all I want is music.

Going to be looking for a different app that respects paying users.

STOP THIS PODCASTS! DONT WANT TO SEE THEM! wth???????

Never ever listened to and not going! Why do they even show? I pay for Premium just not to have spam, those podcasts are SPAM!

Where is an option to hide them completely in -Made for you- tab? Why are they even there? I love music, not podcasts!

Yes, Amen, leave me alone with your annoying opinionated podcasts! I'm here for music nothing else, so give me the choice to remove it from my view. and let me enjoy my paid music.
A simple on/off slider show podcasts will suffice thank you!

I also want this removed! I pay for premium to be free of ads!.....i dont want Michelle Obamas podcast ffs! Please fix this nonsense!

20200729_182647.jpg

Yeah, for a few weeks now my home page has been all podcast recommendations except for one or two rows.  I usually really enjoyed the music suggestions, so it's a shame to see so few of them.  For me I tend to stick to the same two or three podcasts year after year, but with music suggestions I'm 10000% more likely to jump in and check things out, party because I don't have to commit to an hour of carefully listening to people talk. 

I wish there was an option where we could choose whether or not we want music suggestions, podcast suggestions, or both.  

I had like 8 rows of unwanted podcast advertisements. No place to select any of my 'daily mix' playlists. No update to discover weekly. I canceled my subscription.

Screenshot_20200807-003459_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200807-003524_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200807-003512_Spotify.jpg

I'm in the same spot as the last guy, so infuriating. My home page is covered in podcasts, dont even have a made for you section anymore. This shits dumb af. I'm cancelling next month

I think the follow up posts clearly show people want the option to remove podcasts from their home screen. I do listen to podcasts but only ones I know and don't want suggestions to new ones. Can someone from Spotify reply to all these posts? it's obviously not just one person!

Definitely joining this band wagon. I subscribe to literally one podcast and my Home screen is flooded with podcast recommendations.

I don't have a screenshot but of the 19 rows on my Home screen, currently 13 (!) of them are podcast-related.

This is a miserable experience for an app that I use nearly exclusively for music.

Hey @jephyb and @Seaberry,

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams.

We're constantly testing things out and trying to improve the the app and the UI to help our users discover more content that suits their tastes . This is why the app may not look the same over time and there might even be changes to how it comes up for you, compared to other users. We get that any bigger changes might cause some frustration.

It seems that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to see the feature to customize the start screen introduced and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon as there are any. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm on iOS, but I'm having this same issue. I unsubscribed from the premium account and deleted the app because of this. I made the mistake of listening to TWO podcasts in the past few months and I can't get rid of them, despite having listened to HUNDREDS of hours of music since then. If you guys ever decide to give us the option to hide stuff from our home page, I would consider coming back.

Thanks for the generic response!

Suggested posts