Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming quality

Solved!

Streaming quality

Hi there,

I am a new premium user mainly on my xperia z5 and was curious about streaming quality for offline music whilst connected to the internet.

I will be listening to music in two different circumstances; one is out and about on and on the underground (music needed offline) and one is at home using my hifi.

My query is if i download a song offline at a normal quality (as opposed to high/extreme) in order to save storage space on my phone, will spotify still stream that same song at extreme quality at home- or will it only play in the normal offline quality- obviously when using my hifi i would like the best quality possible.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @clarkearthur,

If it's a song that you've downloaded offline, then it'll be played in normal quality (you've set the offline quality setting to normal). If it's a song that you haven't downloaded, it'll be played in high quality (because you've set the streaming quality setting to high).

Hope this is clear enough. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @clarkearthur,

If it's a song that you've downloaded offline, then it'll be played in normal quality (you've set the offline quality setting to normal). If it's a song that you haven't downloaded, it'll be played in high quality (because you've set the streaming quality setting to high).

Hope this is clear enough. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ah! that's a shame.

Thanks,

Clarke.

Hi. If you listen to a song on your mobile device which has been downloaded, the downloaded version will be played. However, if your hifi supports spotify connect, it will stream from spotify using the highest quality.

Suggested posts