Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stuck in Offline-modus

Solved!

Stuck in Offline-modus

Hey,

I've read and tried all the basic things on how to fix this. Delete cache, log out/in, uninstall/reinstall. I can't pick any song anymore after using offline modus like one or two months ago. I have this issue on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (with latest android and app). Is there a setting I overlooked. I saw on Q&A a printscreen of a Offline Toggle in Settings for example but I can't find it anywhere.

It also tells me to buy Premium after a a few songs have been played through shuffle. So that also indicates I'm using Offline-modus. Oh, and Wi-Fi is fine..

Thanks in advance 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Joe64, Welcome to the Community!

Playing every track whenever you want (on mobile devices) and offline modes are only available for Spotify Premium subscribers.

Users without a Spotify Premium subscription can only play in shuffle mode.

The reason you hear that you can buy Premium after a few songs is that you don't have currently a Spotify Premium subscription. Spotify Premium subscribers don't hear advertisements.

Cheers,.

Vincent

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @Joe64, Welcome to the Community!

Playing every track whenever you want (on mobile devices) and offline modes are only available for Spotify Premium subscribers.

Users without a Spotify Premium subscription can only play in shuffle mode.

The reason you hear that you can buy Premium after a few songs is that you don't have currently a Spotify Premium subscription. Spotify Premium subscribers don't hear advertisements.

Cheers,.

Vincent

Thanks for your clear and fast reply. I assumed I didn't need Premium to listen to songs on mobile devices with Wi-Fi connection.

@Joe64 Your welcome and thanks for marking as solution.

You don't need Premium to play playlists in shuffle mode 😉

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi guys,

I have the same issue but I have defintely a premium account.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Suggested posts