Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Support issue after update to Android Pie

Solved!

Support issue after update to Android Pie

After updating my s9+ to One Ul and also Android Pie, my AKG earphone control button , Always On Display (AOD), doesnt support changing tracks. Before update, i can use my earphone to change to the next song without unlocking my hp. Now, I only can increase or decrease the volume without unlocking, but cannot change tracks unless after unlocked the hp. Same goes to the Always ON Display. I have no this kind of issue when using Google Music. So I guess there must be some support issue after the update.

Not only that, when playing songs, suddenly the song stops. This happens on and off , maybe every once i listen a playlist. 

PLAN

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Samsung Galaxy s9+

Operating System

Android Pie , Samsung One Ul

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Go to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Spotify (in apps list) > Put app to sleep. Make sure this switch is toggled OFF. You can also turn this off for all apps if you're noticing others aren't working properly after the update.

Running the battery optimization in the new Device Care feature puts unused apps to sleep and disables them from running in the background or showing notifications/updates on the lock screen. I turned this off and changed my lock screen notifications to "show" rather than "hide content," my Bluetooth earbud controls and lock screen are working as they should again.

Edit: I have a Galaxy S9. I think this issue is only happening with Samsungs, since my Pixel friends don't seem to be running into it.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I've had the exact same issues with my Note 9. Hopefully this is resolved.

Marked as solution

Go to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Spotify (in apps list) > Put app to sleep. Make sure this switch is toggled OFF. You can also turn this off for all apps if you're noticing others aren't working properly after the update.

Running the battery optimization in the new Device Care feature puts unused apps to sleep and disables them from running in the background or showing notifications/updates on the lock screen. I turned this off and changed my lock screen notifications to "show" rather than "hide content," my Bluetooth earbud controls and lock screen are working as they should again.

Edit: I have a Galaxy S9. I think this issue is only happening with Samsungs, since my Pixel friends don't seem to be running into it.

Did you delete and reinstall your app afterwards? I'm having the same issue and I've deleted/reinstalled, cleared the cache at least 3 times. And it works...but only for a day or two. Its getting really frustrating.

Its definitely a Samsung issue, cause my friends phone just updated to pie today, and now hers is doing it too.

A few weeks ago, I had uninstalled it and cleared data and it works fine now fortunately. Bit of a pain to download all my music again but it worked. Maybe try this?

It works for me.

Thanks 🙂 

It doesn't work! It's not soluttion! I did all off that, I turned off everything and I still can't change songs on lock screen (Note 8, Android 9.0).

I also delete all files from device and reinstall Spotify and that also doesn't work for me.

Any other solutions? Please help cause it's really annoying...

This did not work for me , idk what else to do. Its becoming very maddening and frustrating. Using Galaxy S10 Plus

Screenshot_20190308-232247_Device care.jpg

This is not solved for me

That solution did not work for me either. I can no longer change tracks from the lock screen or my Samsung uflex headphones. Also using an s9+

The headphone part for me as well.. ..

Just want to report that after updating my headphone firmware and uninstalling & reinstalling Spotify I can once again switch songs on the lock screen and using my headset. This is day 1 so if anything changes over the next few days I will report back. 

The pointed solution didn't work for my S9+ with Android Pie. Besides those settings, I've managed to fix mine by doing this also:

1. Tap & hold spotify icon -> app info

2. Battery

3. Optimise battery usage

4. Filter all apps, search spotify and pick it

5. Turn toggle OFF

Voilá!

@ricardodomician solution worked for me. Thanks!

That works perfectly!

I had no idea what was happening...I was really wondering it must be an issue with my headphone lol.

Thanks for that!!

Suggested posts