Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync'ed Local Files: no volume when Playing, no error message.

Solved!

Sync'ed Local Files: no volume when Playing, no error message.

Hello!

On the latest version I have run into a strange problem. I can sync a Playlist containing only Local Files, and it shows 100% Complete.

But when I try to play the songs, only the first 209 songs actually work. The rest does not give an error message, but there is no sound at all when I try to play them.

I have tried sync'ing several smaller Playlists and different songs, but no matter what I do, any song after the first 209 just plays without any sound.

I can see they are all sync'ed in the File Manager, but the Spotify Player only works with those first 209 songs.

Sync'ing additional Online songs works like a charm, this issue only applies to Local Files.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay, so I found a (somewhat cumbersome) workaround to get Local Files working again!

Starting from scratch:

- Create empty Playlist, set to sync/available offline.

- Move the songs you want to sync this new Playlist (step 1) one Artist/Album at a time!

! Make you do this one album at a time to be safe !

- While the device is sync'ing make sure the screen stays active!

! If the screen turns off this can somehow cause a (connection) issue !

- After you finish sync'ing check the last song, if that plays, all the other songs will play as well!

! If you have a lot of music to sync, you should check after every few, to make sure the sync'ing is still working !

Fixing a broken playlist:

If you somehow run into an error, and the songs are not playing/there is no sound, do the following:

- Delete the non-working songs from the playlist.

- Close the Spotify App.

- Go to file manager, find the Spotify LocalSync folder (SD card: "\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui\files\spotifycache\Users\")

- Copy all files from that Folder to a new one called Temp.

- Remove the LocalSync folder

- Rename the Temp folder to LocalSync.

This way any temporary files that might be giving problems are ignored/removed, and you can continue from wherever the sync'ing process went wrong. So you do not have to start all over again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Weird, could you let us know what version of android and Spotify you are using? Also, is your Spotify using an SD card for storage?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Android 4.2.2

Spotify: whatever the latest version from Google Play is.

I did not notice this behaviour in the old version/UI. But I only just started sync'ing my Local Files.

I do use an SD card, Spotify has no problem recognizing it, the appropriate folders are all created automatically.

I even tried going into the File System to where the Local Files are (the user folder); I can even test-play them manually from there. So I am sure all the songs have sync'd, the ones after 209 just don't have any sound when playing through Spotify.

(To be fair, I should also add that I am using the app on BB10.

But I have seen this error mentioned in some other topics about Local Files here in the Android section, so I am pretty sure it is not an OS-compatibility issue. Also, BB10 is basically a rooted Android device nowadays, with the latest updates at least, and the Spotify App is fully functional otherwise.)

It would be nice if someone could help me with this.

Marked as solution

Okay, so I found a (somewhat cumbersome) workaround to get Local Files working again!

Starting from scratch:

- Create empty Playlist, set to sync/available offline.

- Move the songs you want to sync this new Playlist (step 1) one Artist/Album at a time!

! Make you do this one album at a time to be safe !

- While the device is sync'ing make sure the screen stays active!

! If the screen turns off this can somehow cause a (connection) issue !

- After you finish sync'ing check the last song, if that plays, all the other songs will play as well!

! If you have a lot of music to sync, you should check after every few, to make sure the sync'ing is still working !

Fixing a broken playlist:

If you somehow run into an error, and the songs are not playing/there is no sound, do the following:

- Delete the non-working songs from the playlist.

- Close the Spotify App.

- Go to file manager, find the Spotify LocalSync folder (SD card: "\Android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui\files\spotifycache\Users\")

- Copy all files from that Folder to a new one called Temp.

- Remove the LocalSync folder

- Rename the Temp folder to LocalSync.

This way any temporary files that might be giving problems are ignored/removed, and you can continue from wherever the sync'ing process went wrong. So you do not have to start all over again.

Suggested posts