Synchronization error

Im getting the following error when i start Spotify on my HTC one X:

(ill translate it from dutch)

Synchoniaztion error

==============================

Unknown error

----------------------------------------------------

Continue

I can continue but it will not sync the playlists from my PC to my HTC phone.

It works fine from my PC to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

35 Replies

I have the same problem since tonight how can i solve it

Peter

Using Spotify on Thinkpad Yoga, Iphone 6Plus, Ipad Mini 2, Playstation 3 & 4

I get the same error. I synced almost all of my playlists (about a 100, for every artist one) but the last 10 % stuck with "pending". I have 10 GB of free space left on my phone, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Also most of the files I try to sync are my own local files, since spotify only allowes 3333 of their tracks.

Allready tried, logging out, restart my phone and change the download quality. Every change i made starts the sync process but then just stops and my phones sais "Synchronization error unknow error"

ps: Btw where can I see how many files of spotify I have on my phone and how many are my own? So I can see how close to the 3333 track limit I am.

+1 since JB

I have had this exact problem on my HTC One V for about a week now. Today I uninstalled the Spotify app and reinstalled it to see if that would help, but all that's done is remove all my Spotify music. The app is completely refusing to let me re-download any playlists, displaying the very un-helpful error message:

Syncing error

Unknown errror.

Continue

Pressing Continue does nothing.

My PC app is also playing up, displaying the error message "There was a problem with the Spotify server".

I hope Spotify can fix this soon!

This happens for me also, first noticed yesterday evening. Cannot synchronize, will give useful "Unknown error" message. Tried reinstalling, restarting etc etc for a while. Nothing helps.

On HTC One X..

Is anyone here NOT on JB?

JB here. Seems likely this problem started after the update.

Same problem here (it's a Samsung Galaxy S). I just notice this morning (CET time), when I added a couple of songs to an offline playlist.

Even worst, after deleting cache, uninstalling/reinstalling app, etc., now I've lost all my offline playlists in my device. All of them refuse to sync ("unknown error", as mentioned in earlier posts, is the only message I get)

I didn't try before uninstalling the app if already downloaded tracks worked offline, but now if I go online live streaming works as usual.

BTW, no JB in my device. And I'm also sure that sync _really_ was working after the last update of the app, because I added some playlists since then and syncing worked perfectly.

I am on Ice Cream Sandwich, version 4.0.3.

And.. Now it works again!

Same.

Maybe they were just updating their servers, although there really should be a specific error message for that ^_^

I still have the same error. Now the error appears immediately after I try to download a playlist

Still same problem running Android 4.1.1

This problem is still not solved. Nobody from Spotify with an answer?? I dont pay 10 bucks a month for a premium account for not being able to use it properly!

I am experiencing the same error on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. I'm not sure but I think it is related to the ammount of music that I try to download - maybe also in relation with offline synchronisation of my PC's local files .

In the past I did not download that much music because I did not have an external sd card in my phone. I recently bought a 32 GB sd card primary to use Spotify offline playlists more intensively.

Does anyone have an idea if this issue could be related to a certain ammount of offline tracks? What about these 3333 tracks? Or is this something related to the sync of my PC's local files?

@Pizzle wrote:

I am experiencing the same error on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. I'm not sure but I think it is related to the ammount of music that I try to download - maybe also in relation with offline synchronisation of my PC's local files .

In the past I did not download that much music because I did not have an external sd card in my phone. I recently bought a 32 GB sd card primary to use Spotify offline playlists more intensively.

Does anyone have an idea if this issue could be related to a certain ammount of offline tracks? What about these 3333 tracks? Or is this something related to the sync of my PC's local files?

Spotify won't use your SD card to store offline playlists in the most recent version. You need to follow the workaround here in order to get the app to use the SD card. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the comment. In fact I already used the workaround to first install an older version of Spotify, then change the storage location, then update to the latest version. So the cache files do get written to the external SD. I don't know if this itself can cause the issues, but I surely synchronized more than thousand songs properly (and the cache on the external SD card grew and grew)

I think the issue is something around the amount of tracks that are synchronized to my device. I unselected several albums and suddenly, the synchronisation continued - until one point in time when I seem to have reached a certain limit again. Maybe this is all about the 3333 songs you are allowed to download to a single device. But if it is, the error message is not very helpful.

Description

When trying to download a playlist it pops up an error saying synchronization error and unknown error ; continue.  It is then stuck at 0% downloading.  This is when trying to download from the mobile device itself and identically when trying to synchronize from Windows desktop app.

The connection seems fine because streaming works and the device shows up in the desktop application.  SD Card is accessible because the app correctly writes its files/folder onto SD card after reinstalls.

Downloading/synching used to work but now stopped working.  Don't known what has changed to make it stop working.

There is talk of a 3333 files number limit.  I am no where near that.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(Re)Install spotify (including having wiped data etc)

Login with facebook 

Playlists appear as expected

Try to download any one playlist --> error.

What I expected to happen

When I press the green download button I expect the playlist to start downloading and reach 100%

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

HTC Desire

Device’s Operating System

4.1.2 Jelly Bean

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

100MB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

5.28 GB

Is your device rooted?

yes

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

cyanogenmod10 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1945441)

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

My mobile Spotify version

E.g. 0.5.4.73

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.8.5.1333

My mobile provider and country

proximus belgium

My username

beeguy123

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

no

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login 

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

no

Suggested posts