Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

TV APP cover / background Pictures (HUGE FACES)

TV APP cover / background Pictures (HUGE FACES)

Please do something with those HUGE artists pictures on TV version of the app. I got super big faces of artists and doesn't look good. I'd like someting neutral. You shold make some settings possible in app to choose from.

I use mibox.

13 Replies

Hey @WATROBKASMACZNA,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please share with us a screenshot of how the pictures appear on the TV? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok, these are the examples.

I'm forced to go back to the homescreen and use google screensaver, but in that mode I don't know the songs name.

I wish there was an option to choose from, pictures or some colourful backgrong inspired by album cover.

Thank You

M.

IMG_20220126_184931.jpg
IMG_20220126_184955.jpg
IMG_20220126_185042.jpg

Hi @WATROBKASMACZNA,

Thank you for keeping in touch and sharing that info. 

For now, that's the normal presentation of the TV app. Some TV brands have screensavers when the Now Playing window is displayed. 

In this case, we suggest you take a look at this idea submission that suggests the integration of screensavers on the TV app. You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE , that'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Let us know if you have any questions.  

MafeGModerator

I just moved back to using Bluetooth, GREAT SOLUTION. After voting I saw You are not capable of changing this problem since 2018. Or maybe I'll just use other service, maybe that's best solution.

Hey there @WATROBKASMACZNA,

Thanks for your reply.

Please note that if an idea is currently set to 'Live Idea', that means that it's till being monitored and open for voting. This open voting process could take some time, as this is how we assess the demand and interest for the proposed suggestion. It's good that you've already placed your vote and feedback there, as we revisit those ideas on regular intervals. 

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

2018....we have 2022 and nothing changed 😄

Hi there @WATROBKASMACZNA,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

As mentioned above - you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Spotify, Even I feel that some artists' close up faces are too bad of an UI for the App. Instead can you make it configurable to choose album art instead.

Thanks.

2023 and this is still a stupid problem. Just make the background album art.

Please get rid of those photos, just please put up the album art

Having the artist's photo as a full-screen image on TV screens rather than the album cover is really so aesthetically unappealing. It doesn't help that the photos of the artists are often incredibly unflattering!

PLEASE give us the option to choose between the artist's face, the album cover or a random screensaver when casting to TV. Surely it's an easy option to add, and judging by this thread, people have been asking for it for years.

Still nothing, amazing. Spotify is yet another sucking blood evil corp....

I went back to buying music from artist and mp3's, the best solution 😄

Suggested posts