Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto playlist sorting

Android Auto playlist sorting

My Question or Issue

Where Spotify on Android now has complete flexibility as to how you want to have your library sorted, Android Auto went in the opposite direction. It now puts last played folders on the top and does the same with the playlists in the folder, causing everything to get garbled up and with no way to change it back to my own order. Can we please have the same sorting functionality as the normal Android app in Android Auto as well?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android Auto

4 Replies

Hey @michabessems,

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's look like no new feature but bug maybe.

Because in previous version of app sorting in Android Auto was in "my order" and it was good. After last update sorting changed to "last playlist/folder on top"

Hey @NikitaGroshkov

Thanks for your message. 

We understand where you're coming from and appreciate your feedback regarding this. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. 

If this is something you'd like to see in the future, you can give @Alex's suggestion a go and create a new idea so that other users can support it. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm sorry to say Alex, but this is quite a superficial response and BS, disappointing as.

I have, with the limited time i spend in these forums noticed that this "idea" (playlist sorting button on android auto) has been raised a number of times on these forums since prior to 2019-2020, yet no action has ever been taken, with multiple cases being closed without any development or announcement on intentions, with crapy responses such as there is not enough interest. collectively, there surely is. Its obvious that most spotify users dont take the time post on forums like this, very few complete satisfcation surveys, few post reviews on google/apple stores. Yet, you (spotify) appear to use minor metrics independetly as justifications to reject not addressing these matters. And fail to consider the whole experience beyond this topic raised.

Picture this: you just added a new playlist on your mobile device, you wish to listen in the car on way home or to work. then you plug your phone in and out comes android auto. However, the playlist is impossible to find, even thugh you had it, seconds ago.

This particular issue is compounded by the following 1) A poor search function (does not work if driving and works poorly when typing, which you cant do unless you pull over. 2) The voice command, never gets anything right, it always just says "sure..." then either procceds to playing something completely irrelevant, even when it corectly acknolwdges what you just said. 3) The playlist display the recently played, when there is an acutal recently played section (duplicity in the UI). Why would i want to hear again what i just heard? This sorting playlsits "idea" is basic function of most if not all other apps and streaming services alike out there, as it completely makes sense. They usually allow to sort by recently added, a-z in ascending/descending orders, even those that are 'starred' for example.

But apparently spotify is just too good for basic, intuitive, normal functionality that results in a simple and safe end user experience. It seeks to focus only on what looks good, when most people 'listening' tend to not be staring at the visuals on their screens.

Note that every split second wasted on locating a playlist recently added on andorid auto is an added unecessary risk for the driver. Whether or not you tell people in the fine print not to do it, the reality is that they do. As a designer, you own this social responsibility and should make this easy function just happen. If you simply logged and collated the amount of safety pauses end users are required to endure, i'm sure you'd reach some astounding conclusions and begin to udnerstand the behaviour of your end user drivers.

The above is such a common end user experience that is often talked about, even stand up comedians these days take advantage of this to create basic relatable content to have their audiences in giggles. The joke is on you!

We as long term customers continue to be disappointed with lack of attention to customer wishes that are rejeted that would acutally result in better customer experiences. Instead, we see changes in updates that are rather focused on aesthetics instead of pleasant functionality and therse updates constantly create bugs and result in a even worse end user experience for us. 

Please, stop wasting time monitoring 'ideas' and responding with a 'no not good enough' and start making them happen.

Suggested posts