(Samsung A5 (2017), OnePlus3t
My Question or Issue
When attempting to open/start a Playlist in Spotify via Tasker AutoSpotify plugin, it opens Spotify, but no further reaction.
Tasks I’m using since more than 6 months do not work anymore.
URIs are still correct.
This applies for ‘official’ Spotify playlists as well as for my personal playlists.
Starting an album in Spotify is still working.
I tried older versions of Spotify on own risk. I do not recommend to use outdated versions:
- 22.214.171.1244 this fault does not exists
- 126.96.36.1995 this fault exists
- 188.8.131.524, current actual version this fault exists
The owner of Tasker has similar reports and states, that this is a fault in the Android Spotify App and recommends to contact Spotify support.
Same behaviour (meaning: does not work anymore on youngest Spotify updates) occurs, when using following Send Intent. I suspect, that this is how AutoSpotify works, but I do notactually know:
A1: Send Intent
- I'm not logged in Spotify, except in my Smartphone.
- I restarted my Smartphone.
- There is no error showing up within the task or in the notification bar.
- Using another Smartphone from another brand and a new installation of Spotify did not help.
Could you please change back behaviour, meaning fix this fault?
I reported this fault as well towards Spotify Customer support chat. He was really interested, forwarded this to the right technicans and provided me with an engagement ID. I post it here as well to make the community aware of as well.