Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

Solved!

The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Android Phones

My Question or Issue

My dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both have the free version of spotify, and neither of us have used our free trials.

Does anyone know what's going on? My guess is since we have different phone versions, we have different features, but I'm uncertain, since he has the older phone. Help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Plaguedoctor

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your dad doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Plaguedoctor

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your dad doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

why can't i see my songs in my playlist?? 

to clarify i have the free ver of the app and i can see them but thats all i can do, i can no longer like the songs, see the image icon or listen to the prever 

(i really hevly on short little 5 sec listen option that Spotify has when looking through the playlist) as someone wt reating issues its a important feature for me to have (genuinely very important)

its not just me i know several others who have this same problem so im thinking its a new update but at the same time the playlists look as if there stuck in car mode (but there not i have car mode turned off)

and i have the newest update of Spotify (i made sure of that before coming hefe) in any case i think this layout is absolutely awful (no offense) and if id like the old ver back if possible

cuz ik its not evryone wt the moble free ver of the app cuz my siblings have the same but there layout is completely normal while me and more of my friends do have this problem. if its here to stay ill have to look for a different music app cuz i physical /srs cannot property use it in the way it is now. and thats sad cuz i love this app to tears man

D6F9AF2E-1E8B-4265-9E9F-AF8871E0F6DD.jpeg

 (what it looks like now)

395BF167-E1D3-4481-B485-282BAB0E23B8.png

 (what it looked like just a day ago)

Hi there @The_Lil_MeowMeow

Thanks for your post.

The Song Previews of playlists, albums, artist, track pages and Liked Songs were recently deprecated. Preview clips will still be available on any assisted curation and the Add songs feature under Liked Songs and playlists. You can learn more about this and leave your feedback here.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts