Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UNable to choose specific songs

UNable to choose specific songs

Just downloaded the Spotify app for Android on an Asus Zenfone 5 running android 4.4.2

Works fine BUT it won't let me choose songs to play specifically. On playlists it shows the titles of songs in mute mode.

It will only allow me to play songs on SHUFFLE PLAY mode.

is there a fix to this?

Screenshot_2014-12-12-22-03-06.jpg

12 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community! 🙂

your screenshot is irritating me :D. Are you a spotify premium user? If so please check your subsciription date at www.spotify.com/account/overview and if not.. well.. if you want to choose your songs on android you need to be a premium member :). I'll quote now an old post of me:

"If you want to choose which song you want to hear on your phone you need spotify premium. Without this you can only shuffle your songs and it is more or less completely random which songs will be played 😉

If you buy premium you can choose your songs and you can also play them without an internet connection. You can also control your desktop app via your phone which is an incredible feature. That is not all, there are many more features you can only use with spotify premium ;). If you want to purchase spotify just visit this here." 

if you are a spotify premium user please try a clean reinstallation and answer me if this works for you 😉

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

thank you I'll try the re-install suggestion. hope it works.

Ok 🙂 good luck and please answer if this doesn't work for you so i'll continue my research ;). 

Recently i saw some poeple having this problem in this forum... But i can't find the posts right now 😄

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

That's total BULL. I don't know what kind of new "upgrade" you guys have but it sucks. Spotify NEVER made you get premium JUST so you can pick your own songs. Do why now?? Back to Pandora I go🖕🏾

I pay for a family subscription in the attempts to change from paying two premiums, that failed - will have a look later to see other topics later that might address it. BUT this morning I am unable to choose my songs. Ive arranged so Spotify can take the money directly when needed. I checked as above and it has me placed as subscription "free" when clearly today the 2nd of November the funds came out. I made payments arrangement to make it hassle free, for convenience, this is frustrating since I've done the right thing, I don't choose the days you take out the funds, so why am I not able to choose my songs and from it seems my "type" of subscription changed. I also checked my email for any notifications and nothing.

that is the most **bleep**ing stupid **bleep** ive ever heard. "oh  you want to actually listen to your favorite songs for free? Too **bleep**ing bad were gonna give you the **bleep**ty version of the app and you can only get the good version if you pay us monthly and on top of that were gonna flood you with three ads in a row after every two songs until you finally give and buy a subscription" 

Seriously, though.  I'm not a premium user but just a few weeks ago I was able to choose my songs.  Now all of a sudden I can't.  It sucks.

You have to get premium first

I find it absurd I can't chose specific songs. Spotify why do you want us to suffer, I get advertisements is that not good enough? This app is getting on my nerves!!

Hi Amarro, I understand that you need to get Spotify prenium on a phone to be able to choose whatever dog you want, but I don’t have Spotify prenium on my iPad and it still lets me choose whatever song I want, so why is that?

Tablets and phones are treated differently. Read Spotify Free.

How are the musicians supposed to make a living wage, if all the songs you could ever want were completely free? Use your brain. Don't be a dunce. 

Suggested posts