Premium

Country

Swiss

Device

Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I use the Spotify URI to play my albums or play audio books for my child with a shortcut on homescreen.

The URI to play a album is the following:

spotify:album:ID_OF_THE_ALBUM:play

This works perfectly, but unfortunately it plays the album in shuffle mode.

When I disable the shuffle mode in the player menu, close the app and use the shortcut on android homescreen with the Spotify URI again, the album start again in shuffle mode.

Is there a way to autoplay the album in normal mode (from beginning). It's very annoying that the "play" parameter in the URI autoplay in shuffle mode, especially for audio books!

Please help or report this as a Bug.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @floge1,

Thank you for posting your idea.

People can now leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread of the idea for any updates.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @floge1,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community.

When playing an album or playlist from a home screen shortcut, it automatically plays it in shuffle and this is currently how the app works.

However, we really appreciate the time you’re taking to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an Idea in the Idea Exchange. We always take new isuggestions and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how Ideas work.

You can check this help article for useful tips on how to submit an Idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented.

If you have any questions, give us a shout 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario

This is very sad, that this behavior should be as designed...

I canno't understand why there is no option to play a album, especially a audio book (which is essential to hear in the correct track order) from a shortcut in the correct track order!

Isn't there a another play parameter for URIs which says the spotify app to play the first track? Something like:

spotify:album:ID_OF_THE_ALBUM:playTheFirstTrack

Hey there @floge1,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment and we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future.

As mentioned before - this is expected behavior.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Marked as solution

Hey there @floge1,

Thank you for posting your idea.

People can now leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread of the idea for any updates.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts