Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to pause/stop spotify with alexa or google assistant

Unable to pause/stop spotify with alexa or google assistant

I have a spotify family plan with spotify installed on my fire tablet 10 plus. I have both alexa and google assistant installed.  I can start spotify with both alexa and google assistant however I can't pause or stop spotify with either alexa or google assistant. I have tried the full clean re-install of spotify. I only installed and tried google assistant after I tried to get alexa to comply with the spotify commands.

8 Replies

I also forgot to mention when I speak the command spotify only pauses long enough for alexa or google assitant to finish listening to my command then it resumes playing the music.

Hi there @pigeonspotfy,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

To troubleshoot this it would be very helpful if you can record a short video of the issue, so we can get a better understanding how things look on your end. For this it would be best to use only one Assistant, Alexa for example.

You can have a look here and here for a list of the approved commands for both Google and Alexa, to make sure you're using the correct commands just in case.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have the same issue, I try to control with Google Assistant. It turns music on but never off, I tried your list but comands don't work.

Hey @AsiaJ

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a short video of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Here you are. Alexa won't listen. Having the problem since about two years. Tried everything and saw that a lot of people have had the problem since. Would be nice of it could be finally fixed. 

Hi there @Nevec90,

Thanks a lot for the video! Can you tell us a little bit more about your exact configuration? What device is Alexa on? What device is Spotify playing from? Are you controlling one device from another using Connect? 

Keep us posted

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The workaround for me is to ask "Alexa what's the news?" while the music (eg Spotify) is playing. Alexa will start to speak what the news is (or start news channel audio) and pause the music in favor of news audio. You then say "Alexa off" and the news audio stops playing leaving you in blissful silence. Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Same problem. Switching to tidal...

Suggested posts