Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to reorder play queue

Solved!

Unable to reorder play queue

Premium

Canada

Pixel 2, Android 10

I am no longer able to delete or reorder songs from my play queue (as seen in attached photo); any changes revert within a few seconds.  Deleting and reinstalling Spotify has helped a few times, but this doesn't last very long before the issue occurs again.  Any advice appreciated!

0.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @K8EG,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Although you already reinstalled the app, would you mind trying a clean reinstall so as to delete any remaining traces of your current Spotify setup and then be able to install the app from scratch. It's a more thorough procedure than the regular reinstall.

Let us know how you get on. We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @K8EG,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Although you already reinstalled the app, would you mind trying a clean reinstall so as to delete any remaining traces of your current Spotify setup and then be able to install the app from scratch. It's a more thorough procedure than the regular reinstall.

Let us know how you get on. We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator

This seems to have fixed it for good.  Thanks so much for your answer, Mario!

Wait, I think I spoke too soon... It was working fine earlier, but things are jumping back to their original order again now.  I think I did the clean reinstall properly; the user data kept showing up even after I cleared the cache several times

0.png

Hey @K8EG,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sorry to hear it happened again.

Just to be completely clear, would you mind describing what are the exact odd behaviors you're experiencing with the queue after performing the clean reinstall? It'll help us better understand what we should suggest as the next troubleshooting steps.

We'll look out for your reply and be available to help with anything else as well in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

Thanks again for your help! When I am on the queue screen included in my first message, I will often select songs and click the "remove" button, or reorder the songs using the horizontal lines on the right side.  Since last week, when I make these changes the tracks now (usually) snap back to their original order, and reinsert the deleted songs.  The clean reinstall seemed to help initially, but I was noticing the same problem again in the evening.

I hope this makes sense; please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Suggested posts