Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to view podcast (video) in full screen on Android tablet

Unable to view podcast (video) in full screen on Android tablet

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When viewing a video podcast in the app on my tablet, I cannot put it in full screen mode while in landscape orientation.

Horizontally, the video only stretches across half the screen, so it's really small. If I'm in portrait mode, I see the full screen button, but pressing this simply flips it back into the "half screen" horizontal mode. Please see attached screenshot to see the issue.

I'm pretty sure this used to work. Is it a bug or intended behavior? If the latter, why aren't we allowed to watch video podcasts in full screen? It's extremely annoying.

Please check the screenshot and let me know how this can be fixed. Note how there is a thick line dividing the screen in half, and the video only stretches to this line. Why would anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220819-101150_Spotify.jpg
41 Replies

Hi @Vasil,

Any update on this? It's a really annoying bug and seems to br affecting a lot of users. 

When will the fix be available? 

Thanks! 

Very frustrating bug, or at least I hope it's a big because it's a pretty terrible user experience.

Yeah the issue popped up around sometime in May. Always worked perfect for me prior so not like its always been there. 

Still crickets from the Spotify help squad? 

Yep.. 

Mine works!! Not sure why or how but i have full screen. First time since May.

Same here, the new versions of spotify is the issue, before April all was great 

Btw my device is Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, OneUI4.1 (Andriod 12)

Nice! Will need to try later. Thanks for the heads up. 

Hey @MDT2022,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you share the Spotify version you're currently using?

We'll be on the look for your reply,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Im using the Tab S8 Ultra too. You can also "fix" the problem by activating the new toolbar and additionally the hiding-notch option. That means however you change the resolution, the bug is gone. If you use your tablet as usual, you have to live with this annoying bug...

I'm using version 8.7.68.568

Let me know. I had one of those typical issues where the pod is playing but showing a grey screen (another one of spotifys numerous issues). I closed all my apps and pulled it back up and it was full. 

Same with my Samsung Tab S7+ since a couple of months

Are you guys still working on it?

Screenshot_20221023_102838_Spotify.jpg

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Can you let us know if you've set any custom settings to your tablets, such as custom widgets to navigate home screens?

Keep us posted. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

LyubkaModerator

Only thing I'm using is the "Nova launcher". Other than that all stock.

Hey @lorenz4,

Thanks for your reply.

We've gone ahead and passed this important info on to our tech team. Rest assured this is being investigated. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

yes i changed my navbar via samsung's goodlock plugin and when i canceled this custom setting the software was back to normal.

Same here on my samsung tab s7 plus, I noticed this bug a long time ago and just ignored it cuz i thought they were gonna fix it soon, but no! Wth Spotify? Its like a year now and you guys still havent done anything to fix it, why?

Screenshot_20221027_235545_Spotify.jpg

It's now November...just checking if there is any progress on this?

Hey @likethecard,

Thanks for your reply.

We're currently investigating this behavior. In this case, if you're seeing this inconvenience, it'll help us a lot if you send us the exact Spotify version you have running on your device. 

Also, as mentioned above, can you let us know if you've set any custom settings to your tablets, such as custom widgets to navigate home screens? This'll be helpful to continue investigating this further.

Rest assured this is being investigated by the right team.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hey folks,

Does anyone still experience this issue? If yes, please check if you've enabled any custom themes or 3rd party launchers on your phone and try disabling them to see if it resolves the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts