Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted alarms

Unwanted alarms

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I recently installed Spotify. I was asked if I wanted to add wake up happy music, which I accepted. Now, Spotify plays wake up music every morning at 7am.  I checked both the Samsung clock and Google clock and I have noalarms set. How can I prevent music from playing at 7am

5 Replies

Hello Seabrookhouse, welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out about this!

As far as I know, Spotify itself does not support such 'waking alarms', so it must come from an third party app such as Google Alarms which does support an alarm with Spotify music playing.

Could you look if both the Spotify- and Google Clock app are up to date? (and maybe reinstall the clock app too?)

Also, I suggest you to clean reinstall your Spotify app.

Keep us posted!

I checked and reinstalled the Google Alarm as well as the Clock that comes from Samsung.  They both say that there are no alarms set but it still plays my Wake Up Happy Playlist every morning at 7AM.

It is possible something else is triggering an auto-play and this is unrelated to alarms.   I thought it may be triggered when the phone comes off of Do Not Disturb Mode at 7AM but when I changed the Don Not Disturb setting to 8AM, Spotify still started playing at 7AM, even with Do Not Disturb on.  Can anyone think of other phone settings or Spotify settings that may trigger an auto-play.  I looked at Bluetooth Devices nearby but don't see anything that would turn on at 7.

Hello there!
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear that you're keep getting waked up!

Does it happen exactly at 7AM?
Does it happen every day?

Keep us posted 🙂

I have the exact same problem. Its been going on for weeks now. The wake me up Happy play list just starts playing every morning. I thought it was my daughter playing a joke but its not.

Please how do I stop it?

No alarms set and never listened yo that playlist before this problem started.

Found the fix!

its the bixby good morning routine!

I obviously enabled it when playing with my new phone a couple of weeks ago.

Finally found it and just switched it off in bixby.

Hope that helps others

Suggested posts