Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted playlists

Solved!

Unwanted playlists

Hello everyone, I hope someone can shine some light on this *little issue I'm having.

I have premium Spotify and never had a problem until last week and still continues.

When I open Spotify on my Android devices and iphone I have extra playlists that I have not created nor followed the creator of such playlist. I do not have that problem when I access Spotify on my PC. I currently have 5 playlists which are also set to have access of them offline. When I open the app on my Android device  (or iphone) I normally go to " your music" and my playlists (5) will appeared, but now since last week I am getting my 5 playlists plus a whooping 25 (+) playlists ...  yeah, try scrolling till you find your own playlist there... its annoying!!!

I get rid of them, close the app, reenter again and then... SURPRISE! the 25 (+) playlists are there AGAIN!!

How can I fix this issue? Anyone else experiencing the same?

Thank you in advance!

* Z 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How you do a clean reinstall is:
Go to System Settings
- Go to "Apps"
- Find Spotify there
- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"
- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.
- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.
- After uninnstalling, power off your device.
- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.
- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey DannyFL, I got it to work! 🙂

Your previous solution got me thinking... I did as you instructed but previously I only did it on one of my devices, since I had the same problem with all my devices ( Android phone, tablet & iphone) I did the same you said but in ALL devices and this time and it worked!

Thank you so much for your help

* Z 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

did you try reinstalling the app?
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Marked as solution

How you do a clean reinstall is:
Go to System Settings
- Go to "Apps"
- Find Spotify there
- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"
- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.
- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.
- After uninnstalling, power off your device.
- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.
- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

I havent tried uninstalling the app... but will try it.  - thx!

did exactly as you said.... didn't work. Thank you.

let me escalate the issue right now... Please bear with us.

Marked as solution

Hey DannyFL, I got it to work! 🙂

Your previous solution got me thinking... I did as you instructed but previously I only did it on one of my devices, since I had the same problem with all my devices ( Android phone, tablet & iphone) I did the same you said but in ALL devices and this time and it worked!

Thank you so much for your help

* Z 🙂

Suggested posts