Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Widget

U was searching for Android widget of Spotify and couldn`t find it even though I found topic on this forum that there is such thing as Spotify widget on Android.

• Gig Goer
  • U was searching for Android widget of Spotify and couldn`t find it even though I found topic on this forum that there is such thing as Spotify widget on Android.
  • KandaceHaze
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Swipe to Advance?

Previous versions of Spotify for Android gave us the ability to swipe left to advance to the next song, or swipe right to go back/start the track over. I've noticed in the current version on my OnePlus One (ver 2.4.0.815), I'm no longer able to swipe...

• Casual Listener
  • Previous versions of Spotify for Android gave us the ability to swipe left to advance to the next song, or swipe right to go back/start the track over.   I've noticed in the current version on...
  • Berzzz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Automatic mobile app open!

How do I turn off the automatic Open mobile app option. If I open spotify on my desktop it automaticly opens on my phone. This is not good at all. Someone opened spotify on my desktop and it opened on my phone without my knowledge and it just used my...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I turn off the automatic Open mobile app option.   If I open spotify on my desktop it automaticly opens on my phone. This is not good at all. Someone opened spotify on my desktop and it...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Salvar musica e sequencia para continuar ouvindo depois

Bom dia... Antigamente quando eu parava a musica e fechava o aplicativo, quando eu iniciava nova novamente o aplicativo já abria na ultima musica parada... Agora quando eu faço isso novamente é não está sendo mais salva a ultima execução, o que faço ...

• Bom dia... Antigamente quando eu parava a musica e fechava o aplicativo, quando eu iniciava nova novamente o aplicativo já abria na ultima musica parada... Agora quando eu faço isso novamente é não e...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Tablet as phone problem

Hi!I have an Android tablet with 6.2" screen and Spotify player is showed as Android phone player. I cant choose songs.How can I fix it?Thanks

• Hi! I have an Android tablet with 6.2" screen and Spotify player is showed as Android phone player. I cant choose songs. How can I fix it? Thanks
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save to External SD Card

Hi,I know this has been covered loads of times but I still haven't found an answer that works for me. I have an Android Tablet and I want to download my playlists to my external 32GB SD card instead of taking up the small amount of memory on the inte...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I know this has been covered loads of times but I still haven't found an answer that works for me.   I have an Android Tablet and I want to download my playlists to my external 32GB SD ca...
  • riccardizio
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't open public playlists with Android Phone

Hi, I just got a spotify premium account and installed the app on my mobile phone (sony xperia z3 compact). Everything works as it should, with one exception: I can't open any public playlists. I.e. I go on "browse" and can see many available playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I just got a spotify premium account and installed the app on my mobile phone (sony xperia z3 compact). Everything works as it should, with one exception: I can't open any public p...
  • David3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! albums don't save

When I save an album, ik disappears a few minutes later.I have this problem for a few weekscan't pin an album anymorehelp me pleasepremium member

• Casual Listener
  • When I save an album, ik disappears a few minutes later. I have this problem for a few weeks can't pin an album anymore help me please premium member
  • ivonneafra
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weak network connection hinders launch

I often find myself trying to launch the Android app on the metro with a weak (low side of Edge) internet connection, and get stuck with an empty list view and the hamburger menu with no effect – presumably because the app is unable to contact the se...

• Casual Listener
  • I often find myself trying to launch the Android app on the metro with a weak (low side of Edge) internet connection, and get stuck with an empty list view and the hamburger menu with no ef...
  • Theneva
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mi tablet esta en modo aleatorio

Hola me gustaría saber por qué en mi tablet spotify aparece en modo aleatorio? Es una tablet BQ 10,1....gracias help me please.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola me gustaría saber por qué en mi tablet spotify aparece en modo aleatorio? Es una tablet BQ 10,1....gracias help me please.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I sync playlists between Android and Windows?

Previously I could sync playlists between Android and Windows trough the Devices folder in the Windows version when both devices were on the same WiFi network. It appears this features has been removed in the Windows version 1.0.2.6. So how can I now...

• Previously I could sync playlists between Android and Windows trough the Devices folder in the Windows version when both devices were on the same WiFi network. It appears this features has been remov...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! android Spotify playlists

Wondering why you cannot edit playlists (moving song order) on the android version of the app

• Regular
  • Wondering why you cannot edit playlists (moving song order) on the android version of the app
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm using Spotify premium free trial on moto android.Most tracks won't play offline.Same with saved

Most tracks on playlist won't play offline on my moto android.Same with saved albums.I'm on premium free trial. Help? From nigeledwards-gb

• Casual Listener
  • Most tracks on playlist won't play offline on my moto android.Same with saved albums.I'm on premium free trial. Help? From nigeledwards-gb
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect plays on my phone

Hey there, I am using Connect both on my computer and my android (samsung galaxy s4 mini) and everytime i change the song on my computer it opens spotify on my mobile and starts playing the songs. How can i disable the "connect" function? I don't wan...

• Hey there,   I am using Connect both on my computer and my android (samsung galaxy s4 mini) and everytime i change the song on my computer it opens spotify on my mobile and starts playing the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect doesn't work correctly

HiI have problem with visibility of denon ceol n9 on the spotify connect list of devices. Sometimes denon is on the list. Sometimes i don't see any device. In a few minutes again on the list and again list is empty. All devices in the same wifi netwo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have problem with visibility of denon ceol n9 on the spotify connect list of devices. Sometimes denon is on the list. Sometimes i don't see any device. In a few minutes again on the list and ag...
  • szumi
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

synchroniseren van afspeellijsten

ik heb een tablet van samsung. hierop staat spotify en deze synchroniseert niet met spotify of mijn imac desktop. dus de nieuwe afspeellijsten die ik op mijn tablet zet, komen nuiet op mijn desktop en vice versa.ook op de desktop kan ik mijn afspeell...

• ik heb een tablet van samsung. hierop staat spotify en deze synchroniseert niet met spotify of mijn imac desktop. dus de nieuwe afspeellijsten die ik op mijn tablet zet, komen nuiet op mijn desktop e...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How do i import songs to my android without pc?

Hello Spotify Community! I have a bunch of songs om my phone that spotify does not have and I wonder if I somehow can import those songs to my spotify playlists via the phone the songs are saved on without a pc?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify Community! I have a bunch of songs om my phone that spotify does not have and I wonder if I somehow can import those songs to my spotify playlists via the phone the songs are saved on w...
  • dbiapett
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Phone and FireTV (android) box - Spotify connect playback.

I have an amazon Fire TV android box. I can download spotify connect app from the fireTV store and have the android app on my phone (nexus 4 lollipop 5.1). I have a decent fast wifi in strong signal. The sync browsing, and control all is working.. au...

• Regular
  • I have an amazon Fire TV android box.    I can download spotify connect app from the fireTV store and have the android app on my phone (nexus 4 lollipop 5.1). I have a decent fast wifi in...
  • SeftonH
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Bluetooth connection only when other apps are on

I am running Spotify on a ZTE Awe (N800) (Android 4.1.2) , but I see the same problem on an LG F3 and F6 (with 4.2) Spotify does not play any music in my car (Toyota Sienna) even though the bluetotth connection is working. It just displays PAUSE.But ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running Spotify on a ZTE Awe (N800) (Android 4.1.2) , but I see the same problem on an LG F3 and F6 (with 4.2)   Spotify does not play any music in my car (Toyota Sienna) even though the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing on Startup on 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Android Tablet

I have tried everything, I have just gotten given this tablet from a friendI've done a clean install, I've restarted my tablet, I've even looked in File manager and deleted all the spotify files..How can this really not been solved yet! I have yes tr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried everything, I have just gotten given this tablet from a friend I've done a clean install, I've restarted my tablet, I've even looked in File manager and deleted all the spotify files.. ...
  • SingleHeart64xo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes