Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

local files are considered as spotify files ??? what's wrong with the random play ???

Hello1. In the previous versions of spotify desktop you could unlink your local musicthis prevented spotify of pushing their artwork or song for your local files.This option disappeared in the latest desktop version. 2. I think I also have discovered...

• Regular
  • Hello 1. In the previous versions of spotify desktop you could unlink your local music this prevented spotify of pushing their artwork or song for your local files. This option disappeared in the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback and controls malfunctioning since latest app update

Description: I use Spotify very much, both on my mobile and in the office. Since the Android app received an updated - installed on my Samsung N9005 Note 3 last weekend, I run into the same issues every day, every few minutes. The Windows (7) applica...

• Regular
  • Description: I use Spotify very much, both on my mobile and in the office. Since the Android app received an updated - installed on my Samsung N9005 Note 3 last weekend, I run into the same is...
  • rwvanv
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

when the music cuts

So i have this habit of taking meds in the morning, and when the effect kicks in, i better be relaxed, so i put my playlist and focus on the vibes, the thing is sometimes the music cuts for 1 sec even tho the playlist is saved. It's extremely stressi...

• So i have this habit of taking meds in the morning, and when the effect kicks in, i better be relaxed, so i put my playlist and focus on the vibes, the thing is sometimes the music cuts for 1 sec eve...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app feature - no greyed out songs

On the desktop version of Spotify if a song specs change or the artist/label rescinds the rights, the song still shows up in my lists but is greyed out (which is great) but this feature is unavailable in my mobile phone app. I'm on android 4.4.2 on G...

• On the desktop version of Spotify if a song specs change or the artist/label rescinds the rights, the song still shows up in my lists but is greyed out (which is great) but this feature is unavailabl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is non-random play possible?

For some, for me unexplicable, reason is my Android Spotify client stuck on random play`within my playlists. I think you call it Shuffle. I don't want shuffle to be in effect most of time. Can I turn it off?

• Casual Listener
  • For some, for me unexplicable, reason is my Android Spotify client stuck on random play`within my playlists. I think you call it Shuffle. I don't want shuffle to be in effect most of time. Can I...
  • acastro50
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect: the Spotify app shows the wrong song on the display

If I …- "Spotify Connect" start and connect to the remote device- and I start a playlist to play- and then take a new song that I add to the waiting list, using the choice options- and when that added song is going to play then the app shows on the d...

• Regular
  • If I … - "Spotify Connect" start and connect to the remote device - and I start a playlist to play - and then take a new song that I add to the waiting list, using the choice options - and when...
  • martinkorner
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skips to next song in the middle of a song

Hi,is anyone having an issue where a song is playing and Spotify skips to another song in the middle of playing the song you were listening to? Thanks!

• Regular
  • Hi, is anyone having an issue where a song is playing and Spotify skips to another song in the middle of playing the song you were listening to? Thanks!
  • DottsyZ
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

disabled accout

My account for some reason was disabled....and I had to open a new account.Is there any way that you can transfer a play list from the other account to my new one???? The old account user Id is jennifer.love.1974.and the new account is jayjen2015The ...

• My account for some reason was disabled....and I had to open a new account. Is there any way that you can transfer a play list from the other account to my new one???? The old account user Id is jen...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • disabled account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Local Files are not on my Phone!

I bought the new AC/DC Album, wanted it in an Spotify Playlist on my Android Phone. I can see the Tracks at the Spotify Android App, but they are not playable in on- an offline mode. Why?

• Casual Listener
  • I bought the new AC/DC Album, wanted it in an Spotify Playlist on my Android Phone. I can see the Tracks at the Spotify Android App, but they are not playable in on- an offline mode. Why?
  • nsnyderxc
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Spotify has been telling me no internet connection available and i csnt figure out how to fix it can anybody help me ? The device im using is the title

• Spotify has been telling me no internet connection available and i csnt figure out how to fix it can anybody help me ? The device im using is the  title
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music and International Travel

I am traveling to Italy and South Africa from the US later in September. We are planning to use spotify to create a wedding playlist. Will I run into problems downloading music and traveling out of the US on an Android device? If i'm in airplane mode...

• I am traveling to Italy and South Africa from the US later in September.  We are planning to use spotify to create a wedding playlist.    Will I run into problems downloading music a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help with music

I really would like to know if you can still listen to music without paying the 9.99$ a month. I have WiFi in my house and unlimited data on my android. Would love to be able to hook up to my stereo in my car am I still able to listen to music freely...

• I really would like to know if you can still listen to music without paying the 9.99$ a month. I have WiFi in my house and unlimited data on my android. Would love to be able to hook up to my stereo ...
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Galaxy S6 not showing up in devices

Hello everyone, Ever since I got my S6 I haven't been able to sync my music because it won't show up in devices. I've searched these forums and the support section for help and have tried all solutions that I could find. So far none have helped. The ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   Ever since I got my S6 I haven't been able to sync my music because it won't show up in devices. I've searched these forums and the support section for help and have tried al...
  • askew101
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify equalizer - how save settings in the one dedicated to your own preferences?

Seems you have to remember and redo the settings each time you use another pre-set variety in equalizer menu? Or can you save somehow?Thanks!

• Regular
  • Seems you have to remember and redo the settings each time you use another pre-set variety in equalizer menu? Or can you save somehow? Thanks!
  • Coenobita
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The app crashes at the start/new sd card

Hi! Firstly, sorry for my English.So, I have a problem with my Spotify app. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and when I open the app it just...crash, "Spotify has been arrested" or something like this. I can't use it I closed manually the app, I cleared th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!  Firstly, sorry for my English. So, I have a problem with my Spotify app. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and when I open the app it just...crash, "Spotify has been arrested" or something ...
  • Juss
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify skips song completely

Hello, when I try to listen to the song "We Are" by Hollywood Undead (explicit version), spotify plays a few seconds of the song before skipping it completely and playing the next song in the queue list. I've tried to resync all of my songs and redow...

• Hello, when I try to listen to the song "We Are" by Hollywood Undead (explicit version), spotify plays a few seconds of the song before skipping it completely and playing the next song in the queue l...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback timer reverse?

Anyone know how to switch the playback timer on an Android device from counting up (example- .01 seconds to 3.02 minutes) to counting down (3.02 minutes to .01 seconds)? Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone know how to switch the playback timer on an Android device from counting up (example- .01 seconds to 3.02 minutes) to counting down (3.02 minutes to .01 seconds)?  Thank you!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle play

I hit the shuffle button and Spotify shuffles music like it should. Problem is it won't stop when I restart the app like it used to. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled same problem. Help

• Casual Listener
  • I hit the shuffle button and Spotify shuffles music like it should. Problem is it won't stop when I restart the app like it used to. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled same problem. Help
  • myshya
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect keeps phone awake

This is seriously annoying. If I forget to force close the app when I switch over to desktop then the app keeps the phone in "keep awake" state. This is a major battery drain that I thought had been fixed, but apparently this bug has popped back up y...

• Roadie
  • This is seriously annoying. If I forget to force close the app when I switch over to desktop then the app keeps the phone in "keep awake" state. This is a major battery drain that I thought had been ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Writing to SD Card is easy... but switch to new device?

Hi thereCan't believe that this topic is not covered yet, but perhaps my search algo needs improvement I've been using Spotify Premium for quite a while, already two devices and also I could store my "offline available" songs to SD cardI just can't g...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there Can't believe that this topic is not covered yet, but perhaps my search algo needs improvement   I've been using Spotify Premium for quite a while, already two devices and also I ...
  • cwel68
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • new device
    sd card
    switch smartphone
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes