Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sending a song to another user not working

For a few updates whenever I send a song to another user through the app it doesn't send properly. It looks as though it has sent but the other user never receives it and it does not show on the inbox tab on desktop. It works sending through the desk...

• For a few updates whenever I send a song to another user through the app it doesn't send properly. It looks as though it has sent but the other user never receives it and it does not show on the inbo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist has too many tracks for offline mode?

I have a playlist that just went over 3000 tracks and now when it syncs it says "Too many tracks selected for offline mode". Is there a limit?

• I have a playlist that just went over 3000 tracks and now when it syncs it says "Too many tracks selected for offline mode". Is there a limit?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes

no connection/sketchy connection on WiFi.

Hi whilst playing on monile data has no issues, as soon as i connect to my home WiFi, Spotify won't play or load properly. All other apps are connecting with no issues. I currently have a Samsung S5 connected over TPGs NBN. Help please.

• Hi whilst playing on monile data has no issues, as soon as i connect to my home WiFi, Spotify won't play or load properly. All other apps are connecting with no issues. I currently have a Samsung S5 ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sd card storage for offline music

Help!!! I have tried everything in the community I could find but my offline music still goes to my device storage. I have a 32 gig Sd card and only 8 gig on my device (htcm8) but my music still goes to my internal storage. I even fully reset my phon...

• Casual Listener
  • Help!!! I have tried everything in the community I could find but my offline music still goes to my device storage. I have a 32 gig Sd card and only 8 gig on my device (htcm8) but my music still goes...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

connection/offline issues on galaxy S5

I have a verizon galaxy S5, the last week or so the only feture that works on my spotify app is the radio, and even that cuts in and out, when i go to do a search or use any other fetures on the app it says im offline, does it when im both on wifi an...

• I have a verizon galaxy S5, the last week or so the only feture that works on my spotify app is the radio, and even that cuts in and out, when i go to do a search or use any other fetures on the app ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop Up crashes app

Hi! I had Spotify Premium for 3 months through a promotion. I'm using a Samsung S3. Since the promotion ended, I get a pop-up ad that tells me to get premium and when I click no, the song stops playing and I have to shut the app and re-open it. I NEV...

• Hi!  I had Spotify Premium for 3 months through a promotion.  I'm using a Samsung S3.  Since the promotion ended, I get a pop-up ad that tells me to get premium and when I click no, th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing spotify in-car on a Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have been a spotfiy user for quite a while and had it on my iPhone 3gs playing via an aux cable through my cars speaker system. However, when I plug the same cable in to my Galaxy S3 I am not hearing anything from my in...

• Regular
  • Hi, I hope someone can help.   I have been a spotfiy user for quite a while and had it on my iPhone 3gs playing via an aux cable through my cars speaker system.   However, when I pl...
  • Phoenix8
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs wont go to SD Card after 1.1.0.112

After installing 1.1.0.112 which wiped out all my offline songs, I tried to redownload my playlists. first try filled up my internal memory. I reset the cache and tried one playlist and indeed the songs are being saved onto the internal memory (32GB)...

• Visitor
  • After installing 1.1.0.112 which wiped out all my offline songs, I tried to redownload my playlists. first try filled up my internal memory. I reset the cache and tried one playlist and indeed the so...
  • kaizenn
  • Music Fan
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote control not working properly

Hello, I like to listen music using spotify on my android phone. To do that I connect my bluetoth head set with my phone and listen music. My hed set has remote contrlo buttons to for example start/stop/next song and this is working properly when spo...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I like to listen music using spotify on my android phone. To do that I connect my bluetoth head set with my phone and listen music. My hed set has remote contrlo buttons to for ex...
  • kuki_86
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Auto switch to next song

Hi, Somethimes when I am listening a song automaticly in random moment it is switch to the next one without any action from my side. It is realy anoying. Best Regards.

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   Somethimes when I am listening a song automaticly in random moment it is switch to the next one without any action from my side. It is realy anoying.   Best Regards.
  • kuki_86
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Two questions about the 3333 songs limit

Hi Once i downloaded 3333 songs if I delete, for example, 100 of them, would I be able to download another 100 different songs? Also, I reinstalled the app and had to download again my playlist of 500 songs to listen to it, does it mean that the tota...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Once i downloaded 3333 songs if I delete, for example, 100 of them, would I be able to download another 100 different songs?   Also, I reinstalled the app and had to download again...
  • davidleenatx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not work on xperia z2?

Hi, I just bought an xperia z2 and spotify will not work at all, it just crashes as soon as it opens, one time it said it cannot find an SD card which is a lie because it is clearly showing up on my phone. I have reinstalled it as well. Is anyone els...

• Hi, I just bought an xperia z2 and spotify will not work at all, it just crashes as soon as it opens, one time it said it cannot find an SD card which is a lie because it is clearly showing up on my ...
  • p065088f
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

newly followed playlists not showing up

Greetings! I started following 4 playlists from the SXSW section under the 'genre & moods' section yesterday. 24 hours later or so, none of them have shown up in my public playlist section in the mobile app. I went back to each of them and confirmed ...

• Visitor
  • Greetings!   I started following 4 playlists from the SXSW section under the 'genre & moods' section yesterday. 24 hours later or so, none of them have shown up in my public playlist s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login with mobile data connection on Galaxy S3 mini

Hello, since the 2nd last patch i can't login into spotify, however if i'm connected through wlan i can login.It tells me that i am not connected to the internet. Android vers.: 4.2.2Spotify vers.: 2.4.0.815APN is set to IPv4.Network: T-Mobile- Germa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, since the 2nd last patch i can't login into spotify, however if i'm connected through wlan i can login. It tells me that i am not connected to the internet.   Android vers.: 4.2.2 Spo...
  • PARAz
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect can't find my receiver

I have a marantz nr1605 receiver, and Spotify connect can't find my receiver. The receiver is connected to my Netwerk, the same as my Samsung Galaxy-smartphone. Can anybody help me?

• I have a marantz nr1605 receiver, and Spotify connect can't find my receiver. The receiver is connected to my Netwerk, the same as my Samsung Galaxy-smartphone. Can anybody help me?
  • jpollari
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Issues?

I've been having a problem syncing my local files to my Galaxy S5. I can play the song on my desktop and I can see the song in the playlist on my hpone but when I try to play it it says that the song is not available. I've tried the Available Offline...

• I've been having a problem syncing my local files to my Galaxy S5. I can play the song on my desktop and I can see the song in the playlist on my hpone but when I try to play it it says that the song...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

song stops playing

I have a galaxy avant and use Spotify on It. Lately, it will stop playing the song randomly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but the problem kept happening. Any idea why?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a galaxy avant and use Spotify on It. Lately, it will stop playing the song randomly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but the problem kept happening. Any idea why?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Widget

U was searching for Android widget of Spotify and couldn`t find it even though I found topic on this forum that there is such thing as Spotify widget on Android.

• Gig Goer
  • U was searching for Android widget of Spotify and couldn`t find it even though I found topic on this forum that there is such thing as Spotify widget on Android.
  • KandaceHaze
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Swipe to Advance?

Previous versions of Spotify for Android gave us the ability to swipe left to advance to the next song, or swipe right to go back/start the track over. I've noticed in the current version on my OnePlus One (ver 2.4.0.815), I'm no longer able to swipe...

• Casual Listener
  • Previous versions of Spotify for Android gave us the ability to swipe left to advance to the next song, or swipe right to go back/start the track over.   I've noticed in the current version on...
  • Berzzz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Automatic mobile app open!

How do I turn off the automatic Open mobile app option. If I open spotify on my desktop it automaticly opens on my phone. This is not good at all. Someone opened spotify on my desktop and it opened on my phone without my knowledge and it just used my...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I turn off the automatic Open mobile app option.   If I open spotify on my desktop it automaticly opens on my phone. This is not good at all. Someone opened spotify on my desktop and it...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes