Voice control on Android

Highlighted

Voice control on Android

fLukeozade
Casual Listener

Ride a motorcycle and would like to be able to change songs etc by voice control over bluetooth. Spotify will start playing a track of my choice when I start up, but if I request a new track "play xxx by xxx in Spotify" I get the Android voice acknowledgement but the current track keeps playing.

It works occasionally, but mostly just does nothing. Experimenting, I can occasionally get it to switch tracks after giving a null command to google (i.e. press to talk, say nothing, then it finishes, then Spotify plays the next track) or by telling Spotify to "stop music", and it then starts the new track. Very inconsistent though.

Recently switched from Google Play Music All Access which worked perfectly. Will switch back if can't get this 100% operational in the next 30 days (premium trial period).

Any out there any help?

Luke

29 Replies

Re: Voice control on Android

mbarna

I'd just like to confirm having the same issue on a Nexus 5x running Android 7.0, and Spotify version 6.3.0.882. Also, as per the thread below, there appear to be several other people having the same issue, across a number of devices (including the Galaxy S7), and other Android versions (Marshmallow specifically). See: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Google-Now-doesn-t-play-Spotify-music/td-p/1421087

heathjabs
The problem I'm having is that the google viuce feature completely hijacks spitify once i plug in the headphones. Even when i listen in offline mode google voice cistantly interrupts asking me 'if i just said something' often ti the point where i can't listen at all because google voice is so out of control it is interruptung itself, skipping tracks, turning volume all the way down, shutting music off entirely, etc. It's maddening. Please help.

j4ck13

I am having the same issue. However, when I issue a voice command over my bluetooh headset, Google Voice recognize and processes the command. For example, "Play [artist] on Spotify". But it will not actually start playing the music. I have to wake up the screen / unlock the phone then it works. That defeats the whole point of handsfree. 

Sairadowney
Casual Listener
This is happening to me too. So maddening!!! I'm nearly ready to quit Spotify. Even when I disable Google voice commands it still hijacks Spotify. Any luck solving the problem??? "If you just said something, I didn't understand" driving me mad.

bbrennan

Bump. It's frustrating for someone who drives as much as I do. Google Play Music does this very well. 

When I ask Google to "play la la land soundtrack," The search result correctly matches this to "La La Land (Original Soundtrack)."
Screenshot_20170217-123838.png

When it opens Spotify, however, it has only searched for "la la land." It sometimes won't play at all, or it will just play songs from the list of results.

Screenshot_20170217-123859.png

If Google can match this with Spotify, it should be able to open directly to that matched result rather than opening the search page.

asdfas564dfasdf
Regular

same issue here, please spotify fix your darn app

asdfas564dfasdf
Regular

same !!

__asd__

Same here .(