Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect won't find Denon avr x2000 receiver

Hi,I have just bought a Denon avr x2000 amp/receiver and attempted to use my android Nexus4 phone to context via the Spotify app. The problem is no matter what I do it won't find the receiver as a recognised device. If I use the Denon Remote App I ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have just bought a Denon avr x2000 amp/receiver and attempted to use my android Nexus4 phone to context via the Spotify app. The problem is no matter what I do it won't find the receiver as ...
  • BorreSven
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes

Queue/History

Did Spotify really completely nuke the Queue and History? It looks like queue was added back recently, but is only accessible from a currently playing song. no more drag/drop, etc. Am i missing a feature have features just kept falling off? premium i...

• Did Spotify really completely nuke the Queue and History? It looks like queue was added back recently, but is only accessible from a currently playing song. no more drag/drop, etc.   Am i miss...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error messasge

I can't access any artist or look any songs. If I try it tells me something went wrong. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app & have did everything it says to do about clearing the cache. Is spotify having issues because this is super annoying.

• I can't access any artist or look any songs. If I try it tells me something went wrong. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app & have did everything it says to do about clearing the cache. Is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Airplay from Android device to B&W Zeppelin Air?

I'd like to know if I can use the Spotify Android App to airplay music to my B&W Zeppelin Air. With "Twonky" I can play my music through AirPlay, but not with Spotify. Thx.

• Casual Listener
  • I'd like to know if I can use the Spotify Android App to airplay music to my B&W Zeppelin Air. With "Twonky" I can play my music through AirPlay, but not with Spotify. Thx.
  • Aitchee
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

[bug] Launching playlist from android app

I have been launching spotify playlists using an intent such as:spotify:user:username:playlist:37i9dQZF1DWUPafHP1BJw1:play this has worked fine until recently, when it stopped working with brand new non-premium accounts. I am getting an exception as ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been launching spotify playlists using an intent such as: spotify:user:username:playlist:37i9dQZF1DWUPafHP1BJw1:play   this has worked fine until recently, when it stopped working with...
  • Craw-us
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on SD Card

Hi, I've been trying to get Spotify to save music to the SD card that's in my phone or even to move the entire app over there entirely. Internet says there should be an option under Settings for saving but it's not there, would any of you know what t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been trying to get Spotify to save music to the SD card that's in my phone or even to move the entire app over there entirely. Internet says there should be an option under Settings for savi...
  • BLUNDE56
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log in

I am unable to log in on my account. Even when resetting the Facebook password and re-installing the Spotify app. How xan this be solved. And how annoying that it takes so much searching etc. and that there is no help center. Please fix asap or I wil...

•  I am unable to log in on my account. Even when resetting the Facebook password and re-installing the Spotify app. How xan this be solved. And how annoying that it takes so much searching etc. a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 8.0 breaks song info displayed in car

Hello,There's a previous post on this subject that's been closed, but I don't see any solution presented, so I'm re-posting (sorry if I'm looking in the wrong place!). I just upgraded to Android 8.0. Now when playing songs in the car, the dashboard i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, There's a previous post on this subject that's been closed, but I don't see any solution presented, so I'm re-posting (sorry if I'm looking in the wrong place!).    I just upgrade...
  • ctafield
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

local files won't download on phone (android)

I have a few songs that I wanted to add to my library that are not on spotify.I have mp3 files on my computer and are accessible/playable through the desktop app.I have added these to a playlist so I can download and access them on my mobile. but it ...

• I have a few songs that I wanted to add to my library that are not on spotify. I have mp3 files on my computer and are accessible/playable through the desktop app. I have added these to a playlist ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Halp, cant log in

I was charging my phone earlier and i unplugged it to move it and even though it had battery it shut off as soon as i unplugged it. Whenni turned it back on it had logged me out. Now trying to log back in it says that im not online and when i hit con...

• Casual Listener
  • I was charging my phone earlier and i unplugged it to move it and even though it had battery it shut off as soon as i unplugged it. Whenni turned it back on it had logged me out. Now trying to log ba...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does downloaded song will take data lte if played in normal mode not offline

Hi I will like to know if i downloaded a song will take data lte in normal modeif i play it .Not in offline mode thx

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I will like to know if  i  downloaded a song will take data lte in normal modeif i play it . Not in offline mode   thx
  • cryptonia
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

For some reason every time I start the app it takes forever to use the search function.

It's been like this every since I downloaded it. I'd have to shut the app down multiple times to get it to work. I can still play my music from my playlist but those show up a little slow at times also.

• It's been like this every since I downloaded it. I'd have to shut the app down multiple times to get it to work. I can still play my music from my playlist but those show up a little slow at times al...
  • ajburt12
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does spotify save data to the phone's internal storage even though no song was ever downloaded?

I have Spotify on my android phone and I only ever 'Save' songs, never Download, yet it shows 3GB of internal storage used by Spotify. What is this data being stored on my phone by Spotify?

• I have Spotify on my android phone and I only ever 'Save' songs, never Download, yet it shows 3GB of internal storage used by Spotify. What is this data being stored on my phone by Spotify?
  • butthole2ofthem
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sponsored message problem

Just ask why sometimes can't play sponsored message? It automatically skip to another ads.

• Just ask why sometimes can't play sponsored message? It automatically skip to another ads.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tarjeta SD

My problem continues, I tried everything I was told, now I download the music on the SD card, then I close the app and after a while I open it again and ask me to log in again, start and there is not a downloaded album, help please, or should I chang...

• Casual Listener
  • My problem continues, I tried everything I was told, now I download the music on the SD card, then I close the app and after a while I open it again and ask me to log in again, start and there is not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! LogIn not possible on Android app

Hi,I installed Spotify fresh. So very first install ever on my phone.But I can enter my details as often as I want to and it always tells me that my username/password are invalid.I try them on my computer in my browser: no issues at all! I uninstalle...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I installed Spotify fresh. So very first install ever on my phone. But I can enter my details as often as I want to and it always tells me that my username/password are invalid. I try them on ...
  • Mammamartine
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle and repeat buttons have been replaced by heart and exit buttons

As you can see on the image these essential features are gone. Surely there must be way to shuffle or I will have to revert to an earlier version

• Casual Listener
  • As you can see on the image these essential features are gone. Surely there must be way to shuffle or I will have to revert to an earlier version
  • tempus0
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ever thought of hiring better coders?

Or pay them better so they can do their jobs, maybe? 

• Regular
  • Or pay them better so they can do their jobs, maybe? 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify icon on android

I can't locate my spotify icon on my android phone. How do I retrieve it?

• I can't locate my spotify icon on my android phone.  How do I retrieve it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing/stoping

When listening to spotify, it keeps pausing. Sometimes it's 5 min between pauses sometimes it pauses a fee times in one song. Can i fix this? Why is it doing this?

• When listening to spotify, it keeps pausing. Sometimes it's 5 min between pauses sometimes it pauses a fee times in one song. Can i fix this? Why is it doing this?
  • James174
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes