Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume Issues New update

Volume Issues New update

With the Latest Spotify update for Android I have noticed a decrease in the Volume of the music, what gives?!?!?! 

Please fix it!

168 Replies

Same problemen here.

Yes it's horrible, even at max volume it's very low compared to previous version. I can't listen properly while I'm on subway. Please fix it ASAP.

With me the volume drops and increases again after a minute or so every 10 minutes.

Situations it happens:

1: in my dads car on bluetooth

2: headset plugged in

Samsung Galaxy S6 Android 5.0.2

Spotify version 2.7.0.883

I've had this issue for a few weeks.  Don't know if it's Lollipop or spotify or a combination of the two.  I've got my car volume at max and Galaxy Note 3 at max and it's pathetic.  When connected to my home stereo, Spotify limits the volume to -14. I can't turn it up past that.  My volume on the Denon tuner goes to +10.  Both the car and the Home stereo work fine on Google and Pandora.  What gives Spotify?  I don't need you limiting how loud I can listen to my music.  You are not my mommy and I'm 40 fricken years old FIX IT!! or i'm cancelling and going with Google Play immediately.

Yup, same issue as me since updating the Android app from Google Play store yesterday.  So annoying.

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 5.0

The issue has been reported already, just for the record are you all on the latest update?

@ErickRGuetta wrote:

The issue has been reported already, just for the record are you all on the latest update?

Yep, I updated the new version that became available in the Google Play store yesterday. 🙂

Me too

Yes, last update.

Same. I don't know if its new or from an older update but when i tried to fix these volume problems i was looking for the equalizer thing in the settings and didnt found it.
Maybe its reliable i dont know. Just hope this will be fix asap.

And sorry for my poor english btw.

I have also had this annoying volume problem since a few days back. Even with the volume at max I still hear the lousy music playd over the speakers at the gym. This needs  a fix now!

I have updated to the newest version and it's still not fixed.

I had to install the previous version since I cant live without music

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/154133

just delete spotify from your phone, then install the version from there, you will have to sync the playlists again 😞

same thing happening here. when will it be fixed??

No idea when it will be fixed.  They acknowledged my tweet a couple of days ago and asked for my Android version and phone type.  Nothing since then, despite sending a couple of (polite) tweets asking when they estimate that a fix would be released.  Being ignored is incredibly poor customer service.

Volume is lower since last update!

HTC Desire 816 on Lollipop.

(this does not happen in stock or Google Music app those are louder at same settings!)

Same problem here, I immediately noticed the drop in volume after the update this week.

I'm not on Lollipop though - I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on KitKat 4.4.2.

Just had a bland reply along the lines of "we've passed it onto the right team".  There seems to be a frustrating lack of urgency though, as being able to hear music properly is kinda the point of the app.

Installing the previous version fixes it!

grab it at:

http://www.apk4fun.com/files/48964/

Suggested posts