Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume

Solved!

Volume

Just switched to Google Pixel from iPhone. The volume on the Spotify app for Android is noticeably limited as the volume for Play Music is much higher. The volume noticeably drops after less than a second of playing. I have tried reinstalling the Spotify app and have looked into the equalizer, but no fix. Miss my iPhone. Not sure if it's the app or Android, but done with both if I can't fix it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Jay,

First of all, it's defintely not an Android thing per se (I speak as an Android user and I can tell you normally the volume is the same throughout).

Presumably you've turned off the equalizer entirely? That normally fixes the issue according to other users. See this thread on the second page.

If that's no use, it *might* be something to do with the device itself. Have a little look here and you might find something useful 🙂

I hope that helps,

Cheers, Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Jay,

First of all, it's defintely not an Android thing per se (I speak as an Android user and I can tell you normally the volume is the same throughout).

Presumably you've turned off the equalizer entirely? That normally fixes the issue according to other users. See this thread on the second page.

If that's no use, it *might* be something to do with the device itself. Have a little look here and you might find something useful 🙂

I hope that helps,

Cheers, Jon

Thank you Jon, very much apprec'd.

Turning off the equalizer does increase the overall volume of Spotify on the Google Pixel 2 XL.

I have the same issue now on my pixel 2 XL. When I skip through tracks it blasts me with full volume then returns to a duller sound. I gave tthr wife my S7 Edge and it sounds so much better and doesn't blast me for a second. It happens playing on any of my Bose speakers. 

Suggested posts