Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Xiaomi Mi A3

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

So, it seems that all daily mixes and discover weekly shows up in 'Recently Played' in the Wear OS Spotify App but however the 'Liked Songs' playlist does not show up, is this a bug? Also is it possible to add a feature to control volume as part of the Spotify Wear OS app so that we do not need to juggle between the in-build 'Now Playing' app and the Spotify Wear OS app.

This issue has been stopping me from using the Spotify App on my Wear OS to play to example my Google Home Mini and/or my computer. Hope these features/bug can be added/resolved.

5 Replies

I'm not an expert but I believe the issue is just that "Liked Songs" doesn't function as a normal playlist.
If I remember correctly, when they switched from "Starred" to "Liked Songs" it also changed from a master playlist to just a "library" which is also why the app won't let you copy a link to share your Liked Songs like you can with other playlists, for example.

That really sucks, Is there any way of adding all my liked songs into a playlist?

Hey @nabilridhwan,

Thanks for reaching out and searching the answer you need here.

@LieutenantPie is right that the playlist Liked songs functions more like a library, but there is an easy workaround so that it comes up in your Recently Played. You can add them to another playlist created by you and play it instead. This page has detailed instructions on how to do so and this one some other tips for managing your music library. 

We'll also pass on the request to add a separate volume control for your smartwatch to the right folks at our development team.  As soon as we have any news to share on the matter we'll post it here. In the mean time, you it's a good idea to keep your app updated so that you have access to all the latest features.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why can't we just see a list of all of our playlists on the watch? Why limit it to several random ones? My watch list of playlists isn't updating even after I play them on the phone. Meanwhile it throws a bunch of playlists or "similar to...." lists of people or bands I don't even listen to.

Hey @BruceyPoo,

Thanks for reaching out on out forum.

We agree that the Spotify interface on watches should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. Our teams are working on solving this as we speak.

We'll keep everyone posted in here, so we suggest subscribing to the thread.

Hope this info helps.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts