Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wear OS Spotify App

Solved!

Wear OS Spotify App

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Oneplus6, Ticwatch Pro

Operating System

Android pie, no remaining updates on the ticwatch  pro

My Question or Issue

This week there should be an update rolled out that will introduce the Spotify app for Wear OS, but I havent seen it yet. Is this an issue on my side or isnt it available yet except for Fossil 4 watches?

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Despite the delay, I am now happy to confirm that today I received a push notification from the Google Play Store directly on my Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 in the UK telling me to get recommended Google Applications on my watch and upon tapping the notification it immediately took me to the Spotify application to download.

It is working very well and I can cast to my speakers and access albums and playlists directly from the watch.

I hope that others receive the update soon

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I have the same issue... in the play store for your watch you can't find an app as well.

Yes, same problem here using a Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 with all the latest updates and connected to my Samsung S9 Plus with a Spotify Premium Membership.

The Spotify application on my phone is up to date as of a day ago.

I just contacted a friend with a Huawei Watch 2 and they have it, so maybe it is just a slow rollout.

I am based in the UK and I have contacted Spotify customer services via email and they told me to download the application from the Google Play Store on my watch despite me clearly stating in the email that the application was NOT showing up when searching from the watch lol

It should be pushed to the Play Store within a week, but it's over a week and still didn't get the revamped app for wear os.

I have the same issue 😞

Oneplus 5T + Ticwatch pro

Any update?

I have emailed customer support 4 times now and the response is that they have referred it to the technical support department.

I am involved with many communities for Wear OS and no one out of a total of 3000+ members has received the updated.

This is for various watches and all members have all of the latest updates on both their watches and phones.

I am of the opinion that despite the promises the application is not yet available.

I will update on here if I here any further replies.

I received a customer support survey regarding my interaction with the support I had received with this ongoing issue (the feedback I sent was not good)

I have sent another email stating I was very dissatisfied I was not being given a straight answer to the simple question "Have you released this application, "yes or no?"

I went on to say that I was considering cancelling my Premium subscription and that it would be far more professional if they were to come clean and say that they had delayed the rollout and if that was the case that we just simply had to wait a little longer I could accept that as a reasonable response rather than repeatedly saying it was being past onto the technical team.

This was the reply that I received:

Hi Nik,

Thank you for your message.

We fully understand your frustration on this matter. Let us assure that we are working backstage in this with the right folks in Spotify.

Unfortunately, we're unable to give you a time frame for your request: we don't want to make promises we are not sure we can stick to! However, please rest assured we do plan to get back in touch as soon as we have a meaningful update.

Thank you again for your patience on this matter. If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Take care,

Andrea

Spotify Customer Support

I will update this post when and if I ever get an update

Marked as solution

Despite the delay, I am now happy to confirm that today I received a push notification from the Google Play Store directly on my Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 in the UK telling me to get recommended Google Applications on my watch and upon tapping the notification it immediately took me to the Spotify application to download.

It is working very well and I can cast to my speakers and access albums and playlists directly from the watch.

I hope that others receive the update soon

Yeah, I found it on the store. 

Thanks for the update 

Suggested posts