Where does Spotify save the offline playlist files?

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Where does Spotify save the offline playlist files?

Joe
Community Legend

You're welcome.

christopherj

i was wondering where it gets save too

XLG_DrTankHead
Casual Listener

As a diffrent spin, My currenty HDD is full, And I would like to save it to a flash drive [the encrypted music] so I can make an offline playlist. Can you do this? 

If not, Please add that as a feature

Note: This is on PC

Daniel
Community Legend

@XLG_DrTankHead wrote:

As a diffrent spin, My currenty HDD is full, And I would like to save it to a flash drive [the encrypted music] so I can make an offline playlist. Can you do this? 

If not, Please add that as a feature

You mean an OTG? I don't think this will be possible as the application relies on this cache when it starts up.... if you were to put the cache on an OTG partition then you would have to ensure this is ALWAYS mounted when opening the app. I don't think it's reliabel to have as an option, and therefore will probably never happen.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

jtoothman2015
Casual Listener
Ok so how about this then.. they were a few songs I could not find on spotify. I downloaded them on my an app on my other phone and bluetoothed them over. Is there a folder directory I can place them in to get them to show up on my spotify playlist?

jtoothman2015
Casual Listener
Can I save a song I downloaded from an app to a directory to get them to show up on spotify?

ayman145

Google Music let's us do it though lol

Highlighted
Solution! 11 people liked this

Yoi

@jtoothman2015 wrote:
Ok so how about this then.. they were a few songs I could not find on spotify. I downloaded them on my an app on my other phone and bluetoothed them over. Is there a folder directory I can place them in to get them to show up on my spotify playlist?

1. Download those songs on your computer and save as local files.
2. Open Spotify on your computer, on the left column, under 'Your Music', click 'Local Files'. It will show all your mp3s you had saved inside your computer.
3. Right-click the song that you want and choose 'Add to Playlist'.
4. Open Spotify on your phone, make sure your phone is connected to the same WIFI network as your computer.

5. On your phone, open the playlist you chose just now and click 'Available Offline' to download the songs into your phone.

deeznutz13
Casual Listener
I want to know if I close my phone will i lose all my downloaded songs from available offline bcuz I just downloaded about 400songs BTW I'm using a galaxy S5 thx

deeznutz13
Casual Listener
Actually about 700 songs now.. so I don't want to lose them
SUGGESTED POSTS