Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where does Spotify save the offline playlist files?

Solved!

Where does Spotify save the offline playlist files?

I have a samsung galaxy S2 and recently started using spotify. I set up the offline sync to the directory /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/media/spotify. After syncing up a few playlists, I can indeed listen to them offline using Spotify.

However, I would like to find these song files if possible or at least have the media scanner on Android find them so I can use a different player to listen to these songs from the offline playlists. Inside the SD drive, I can find the spotify folder with directories /android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/ and then /cache and /files. However exploring further, I cannot find any audio files.

Where are they hiding them? Thanks for your help on this difficult question.

47 Replies

You're welcome.

i was wondering where it gets save too

As a diffrent spin, My currenty HDD is full, And I would like to save it to a flash drive [the encrypted music] so I can make an offline playlist. Can you do this? 

If not, Please add that as a feature

Note: This is on PC

@XLG_DrTankHead wrote:

As a diffrent spin, My currenty HDD is full, And I would like to save it to a flash drive [the encrypted music] so I can make an offline playlist. Can you do this? 

If not, Please add that as a feature

You mean an OTG? I don't think this will be possible as the application relies on this cache when it starts up.... if you were to put the cache on an OTG partition then you would have to ensure this is ALWAYS mounted when opening the app. I don't think it's reliabel to have as an option, and therefore will probably never happen.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Ok so how about this then.. they were a few songs I could not find on spotify. I downloaded them on my an app on my other phone and bluetoothed them over. Is there a folder directory I can place them in to get them to show up on my spotify playlist?

Can I save a song I downloaded from an app to a directory to get them to show up on spotify?

Google Music let's us do it though lol

@jtoothman2015 wrote:
Ok so how about this then.. they were a few songs I could not find on spotify. I downloaded them on my an app on my other phone and bluetoothed them over. Is there a folder directory I can place them in to get them to show up on my spotify playlist?

1. Download those songs on your computer and save as local files.
2. Open Spotify on your computer, on the left column, under 'Your Music', click 'Local Files'. It will show all your mp3s you had saved inside your computer.
3. Right-click the song that you want and choose 'Add to Playlist'.
4. Open Spotify on your phone, make sure your phone is connected to the same WIFI network as your computer.

5. On your phone, open the playlist you chose just now and click 'Available Offline' to download the songs into your phone.

I want to know if I close my phone will i lose all my downloaded songs from available offline bcuz I just downloaded about 400songs BTW I'm using a galaxy S5 thx

Actually about 700 songs now.. so I don't want to lose them

You could take these files to a computer and convert them to mp3 then put them into your phone's media (I wouldn't waste the time but its an option).

If then, why did I waste my time downloading the music. Why not tell me first.

Does the word "unlegal" (maybe) have a similar definition to "illegal"?? LOL sorry but I couldn't resist ( and I really tried to).

You could try VLC media player

You could always, I dunno buy the music directly from the artist of you want to use the content freely.

how do I download Spotify alblums to my music or documents on my computer?

You can't - it's called copyright protection.

I know better then that a few of them labels are dead.

I just plug my phone into a high quality wave recorder which I bought at a musical instrument store in the recording department....plug in using headphone jack from phone to input jack then play song and hit record.
Then use the files anyway you want...but I use the highest quality wave setting and extreme quality playback on Spotify so the recording is as high or better than CD quality!!!

Hi I am jelleel Oshodi please i am on spotify premium but it seems not working on my phone can u go on to my account and set it up for me thank u

Suggested posts