Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is the equalizer?

Solved!

Where is the equalizer?

Various posts tell me that there is an equalizer, but I looked in my settings and there's nothing of the sort. Someone said under Playback. There I only have checkboxes for Offline mode, Gapless, Show unplayable songs, Normalize volume, Device broadcast status and Autoplay. What am i missing?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jaydo,

I am using this equalizer on my android phone and it works with Spotify. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi. Spotify uses the system equalizer. Does the eualizer option appear when yu use another streaming service such as Play Music?

Checked Play Music and no equalizer there either. Frankly, I can't find anything about it in the phone settings. I didn't even consider that an equalizer could be phone-based (it's never been the case on my PC). I guess that means I just need to download a custom equalizer, but I am not sure if it will then appear in Spotify after it's installed. To be continued...
Marked as solution

Hey @Jaydo,

I am using this equalizer on my android phone and it works with Spotify. 🙂

Well, thanks everyone. I tried 2 equalizers. Both work and the one recommended above even appears in Spotify (though the bass boost doesn't work on that one for some reason).

The only problem is that, even with the equalizer on, the sound quality is noticeably flatter than what I'm used to in Poweramp. I don't know if the problem is with Spotify or with the equalizer. I set the music quality to the highest setting in Spotify. I also checked and I understand that I can't play the music downloaded with Spotify using PowerAmp. So once again I end up using Spotify as just a scouting platform. Once I find something I care enough about, I have to go and buy it to be able to play it on PowerAmp.

Suggested posts