Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I change quality/bitrate on my Android phone?

Solved!

Why can't I change quality/bitrate on my Android phone?

Phone is Moto g5plus

Location United Kingdom

OS is Android 7

Hello - I could do with some help please.  I thought Spotify Premium gave me access to higher bitrate than the free version.  I have Premium installed on my Android phone.  When I go to "Music Quality" settings I get a lot of features greyed out and the message "Unavailable Now".  This is the case for numerous settings - not just music quality.  What's up please and how do I enable these features?  TIA

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Fattie,

That's awesome that you solved it! ๐ŸŽ‰

Once you switch to listen in your phone the settings you already have set up will be loaded. Same for the web player, when you start listening back to it the settings you applied shouldn't be changed.

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Fattie, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Nothing to worry! You seem to be listening music through the Web player on your Google Chrome.

You can't set some settings if you are listening through Spotify connect from another device. Just switch to your phone and you can change those settings.

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

That simple hey! Thanks a lot. Do you know if the setting are retained
once I listen on webplayer?
Marked as solution

Hey @Fattie,

That's awesome that you solved it! ๐ŸŽ‰

Once you switch to listen in your phone the settings you already have set up will be loaded. Same for the web player, when you start listening back to it the settings you applied shouldn't be changed.

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts