Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I choose a specific song in a playlist when I play music on another device? Can only skip.

Why can't I choose a specific song in a playlist when I play music on another device? Can only skip.

I have Spotify Premium. Whenever I cast/connect to another device (all through the Spotify app, so no mirroring), I can't select a specific song. This only occurs in one of my playlists, but all of the others are not affected. In the other playlists, I can select whichever song I want, and it plays the song. I have tried using my phone to cast to my laptop and my Alexa. I have also tried using my laptop to cast to my other two laptops and my Alexa. In no scenario does it allow me to select a specific song. Is it because the playlist is running at 3924 songs right now? That's the only thing I can think of, that it's the biggest playlist I have. Only thing is, I don't see why that should be an issue since it's not about me downloading the playlist or anything. I'm simply selecting a song that happens to be in a large playlist. Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Reply

This has just begun happening to me too however it is with any selecting of any track on any list, playlist or album. I have just updated the app - uninstalled and reinstalled. There always seems to be SOMETHING with Spotify.

Suggested posts