Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows app available offline setting not syncing on android device

Solved!

Windows app available offline setting not syncing on android device

I have the spotify app on win 8.1, I set a playlist to be availalbe offline. I open the app on my android device and it does sync the playlist itself but it does not sync the available offline setting and therefore the songs don't download. I have to go into the playlist on my android device and set the playlist to be available offline then the songs download and are available offline.

Is this the intended behavior, am I doing something wrong, or what? I would think it would sync that setting so the playlist is available offline automatically on my android device.

Thanks

Wade

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

HI,

No, it is right. You have to set it per device. For example you may have an ipod nano that you want to have your offline tracks saved to, but you don't want that massive catalogue on your phone too, There is also storage sace differences to factor in, so it is a per device setting

I think it's best as it gives you the best control of what, where and how you have each playlist.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

HI,

No, it is right. You have to set it per device. For example you may have an ipod nano that you want to have your offline tracks saved to, but you don't want that massive catalogue on your phone too, There is also storage sace differences to factor in, so it is a per device setting

I think it's best as it gives you the best control of what, where and how you have each playlist.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks, that does make sense.

Wade 

Suggested posts