Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't play PodCasts

Won't play PodCasts

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

nVidia Shield TV

Operating System

Android TV

My Question or Issue

Hi

Podacast's wont't play on Android TV app, it can see name, info and how long it is, but won't play. Just skips to the next in line. Can't play that either, and so it goes.

You can test this on NRK Lørdagsrådet, NRK I karantene, NRK Mitt liv med hund.

All the podcast's mentioned work on mobile phone, also Android. It does not work to cast from phone neither.

I have deleted and installed the app from scratch, deletede all the data and so on.

Hope there is an fix.

Petter

16 Replies

Hey there @PetterGulbra

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if this has always happened or it started happening after a specific event such as an update?

Just to confirm, is this only happening with those specific podcasts you mentioned or with all of them? If the issue is happening only with those podcasts, could you send us their Spotify URI? To get them, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

Lastly, could you send us a video in which we can see the issue happening?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @PetterGulbra

Thanks for sending us this info. 

In this case, we suggest that you check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app. Additionally, could you also check if your TV's firmware has any pending updates?

On another note, we recommend disconnecting and then connecting back your TV to check if that makes the difference. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

No updates on nVidia Shield (TV), no Spotify app update. Restarted everything.

Nothing helps. 

Hey @PetterGulbra,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If you still experience this issue next thing you can try is connecting your devices to a different network and checking if it works as expected. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

In case you see no change after trying out a second connection, we recommend checking if the Android TV device is supported. For more info on the types of devices Spotify is available on, check out Spotify Everywhere

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Hi

Does not help to change network.

nVidia Shield 2015 mod. is not showing in the list as I can find. But it runs Android TV os, not Android Web os. And as far as I can see, you support Android TV os.

As I download it as an app to Android TV, and I use it without a phone. Then I don't use Spotify Connect, or am I wrong here?

NRK answered me that you don't support rss/podcasts via Spotify Connect, and I meen I don't use connect when it is an app?

Petter

Hey @PetterGulbra

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you use the Spotify app on Android TV without your mobile phone you won't be able to use the Spotify Connect feature. Check out this help page for more info on how the Connect feature can be used. 

We also suggest checking if the particular make of nVidia Shield is present among the supported devices. You can check this here.

In case your device is supported, next thing you can try is logging in to a different Spotify account on the TV app to see if it makes a difference. If it works with another account you might need to create a new Spotify account and transfer the contents from your original account to it. Have a look at this this Spotify Answer for more details. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Hi

Tried another user, same problem.

Logged in via email, so no Spotify Connect. Does not help.

Spotify Connect does not work either. 

The unit is a supported device from your page.

This is strange. 

Hi @PetterGulbra

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, is this happening only with the podcasts you shared or does it happen to all podcasts? 

Also, could you let us know if you tried with the same podcasts on the other account you used? 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As far as I can see, it's just this from NRK. And they are using RSS streams to you I think?

P4 Misjonen works as a sharm.

I tried both on both accounts. 

Hey @PetterGulbra,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

We're always working on improving the app on platforms and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

For now, we’re not able to confirm when or if the option to play these specific podcasts will be available. However, we’d recommend that you keep your TV app up-to-date so you don’t miss the latest features and fixes heading your way.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So, what you say is that there is a problem with podcasts on Android TV os?

Hey @PetterGulbra,

Thank you for your reply.

This is not a feature that's implemented. We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

If it's not implemented, why is it possible to find the podcasts or even hit play on them?

If it's not supported or implemented, it should not be possible to use it or see it.

You support podcasts on Android TV app, I'm using it. It's just some that won't work.

And it looks like it can be a problem with who is sharing it with you as a provider.

I can't see what should be the major problem from app on Android to Android TV. It should just be the 10foot user interface.

Instead of giving an answer that it is "not supported" (you haven't read the post), when there is or it should not be there in the app.......

Read before answer. 

Hey again @PetterGulbra,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We're sorry if the answer was confusing. As @Ver mentioned, we're not able to confirm when or if the option to play these specific podcasts will be available.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is kind of crazy guys. Here we are, in august 2022 and podcasts still won’t work on Android tv. I’m cancelling my service because of this if someone doesn’t try to address this. I’m trying to watch the JRE podcast, no podcasts at all really play for me. Just as the previous user stated. Tell your decks to get off their ass and fix the problem. 

Suggested posts